Working on my first PIP

Hi there!

We’re having an incredibly mild winter, no snow around here.

I am not complaining, there’s a positive side also, no snow shovelling!

Stephanie’s invitation to be a Pipster sounded very good to me-no rules, no pressure.

There is one I started last year, it is a quilt from the book Material Obsession from Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke. I loved how the kites were sewn together, they make a beautiful block – though they are a bit tricky to sew.

These were the first ones, not completely sewn and still hanging on the wall:

2011_0623blog-photos0010

 

2011_0623blog-photos0011

12 blocks ready and the top is sewn,

2011_1108blog-photos0021

but what about the borders?…

It took me a while to find the right fabrics. The chosen one is Lark from Amy Butler, a beautiful collection.

2012_0112blog-photos0017

Next picture on my next post!

bg1cl24a

Have a lovely day!

signature Suzie

Comments

Stephanie said…
Gorgeous colors! I have not seen Lark in person yet but that piece looks perfect. Love your new blog banner too.
Ulla said…
Great quilt, looks very tricky with the corner seams. This is a good challenge, I'm just trying to get started...
Simone de Klerk said…
Amazing blocks! Love them and such lovely fabric and color combinations. Look forward to the next pictures.

Popular Posts