Small delights

Many hours cutting and trimming this time, but it was worth while!

I love how Mon Ami turned out!

It has to be quilted, but at the moment it’s hanging on the wall (with little pins). It looks so romantic, exactly what I wanted for Valentine’s Day.

I used Rural Jardin by French General (like Sherri, hers is gorgeous!), it is a beautiful collection and I was lucky to find a shop with almost all the fabrics.

I’m looking forward to see the other versions on the parade! If you are too, visit Sherri and Sinta!

MonAmi1

I got myself in gear during the last two weeks, the floor in the sewing room is full of threads and tiny pieces of fabrics,  bags of scraps,  the table is covered with fabrics, magazines, templates (where’s the cutter?!)…

One would say “What a mess!”, but you know what?

That makes me so HAPPY!

A pristine room means no work in progress, no work done ;-)))

With this in mind…

I wish you a very lovely and productive week!

“Do what you love,

love what you do”!

signature Suzie 

sewingsmiley

Comments

the quilt is beautiful............love the fabrics.........
Ulla said…
You have a healthy attitude to the normal state of a sewing room! Your quilt is worth all the work, it's beautiful.
Stephanie said…
Pristine sewing rooms might be pretty to look at (and it is necessary to declutter and clean now and then) but I'm rather have a mageable mess because it means I'm productive. Mon Ami is gorgeous.
Annemariesquilt said…
What a wonderful quilt Suzie..!!
Mess what mess, I do not know what you are talking about ... ;-) I am lucky if I can find the sewing machine..
Gra said…
Beatiful top! I love the Rural Jardin Collection, looks great.
While I write this comment I am looking around at my sewing space and it doesn´t look very different from yours. I can´t find my cutter either!!! Take care!
Linda said…
Gorgeous!! Can't go wrong with French General!! So pretty hanging on your wall! I'm just trying to finish up mine today!!
It's beautiful! I really love French General fabric.
By Hoki Quilts said…
What a lovely quilt. I really like your thoughts. A tidy/clean sewing room = a no sewing.
Cardygirl said…
Looks great...love your fabrics!
Stina said…
Love it too... I haven't even bought the pattern yet!!! Yikes!!! Well done Suzie!!!!:0)
Handmade by Mai said…
your Mon ami looks great and have fun in your sewingroom
Katherine said…
What a lovely quilt, Suzie! I also find that bits of thread and fabric on the floor can make me happy - it means lots of time spent doing something I love. Glad you've been enjoying some creative time, too!
Michele said…
Hi, your Mon Ami looks great :) It was certainly hours of cutting but it was worth it! Yes, I agree a neat sewing room means not much is getting done in the way of sewing :) There was certainly a mess in my house with all those little bits.....but I love it :)
Houseelf said…
What a wonderful finish Suzie. It looks fabulous- love the design with the 2 coloured backgrounds for the stars.

My sewing room is worse than threads on the floor- I have cupboard contents after electrical work. It is hard to see the floor at all! I have told/bribed and sternly warned myself that it must be done at the weekend or else!
Carrie P. said…
A very cute quilt and Valentine display. I see Stina's little heart designs.
I visit Sherri's blog and always enjoy the parade.
Your Mon Ami quilt is so pretty! I have a Jelly Roll from that line that I'm hesitant to unroll. I may just keep it to look at from time to time. :-)
Corrie said…
So so pretty. Happy Valentine's Day!
Anne Ida said…
Your Mon Ami is absolutely lovely! Congratulations on a great finished top :o)
Simone de Klerk said…
I never commented on this post. I can't believe it!
Your Schnibbles is so pretty! Love how you have it hanging there.
Good luck with your next Le Petite project.

Popular Posts