Sew many blocks

 

After reading this post from my dear friend Ulla, I thought I should make some blocks and send to Jan in Australia. She has a very good tutorial of how you can use your batting leftovers to sew a “Quilt As You Go Block”, it works well and fast.  If you have some spare time, you could think about helping her.

2011_0121blog-photos0007

 

This is (or was?…) supposed to be a wall hanging. Now I’m not so sure. But on the other hand, it should not become an UFO….I’m stuck.

2011_0110blog-photos0049

The Le Petite project for this month is Mon Ami,  a lovely one, with lots of cutting!!

I’m using Rural Jardin from French General, a wonderful collection in beautiful colors. When I saw the one Sherri was making, I knew those were the fabrics I wanted to use, too.

Here are some of the blocks I’ve made:

2011_0121blog-photos0009

Talking about Le Petite….

Something slipped through my fingers……

I forgot to post a photo from last month’s project!…

Shame on me!…

So, here it is,

2010_1217blog-photos0006

 

Being a fan of scrap quilts I just don’t miss a chance of collecting magazines with more ideas.

This is another source of “new old” ideas!

2011_0121blog-photos0017 

2011_0121blog-photos0016

 

Now I’d better go back to my sewing machine, more blocks to make!

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

signature Suzie

quilteratwork

Comments

Stephanie said…
The Australians have suffered so much of Mother Nature's fury. There are so many way to help. The blocks are beautiful and will certainly provide lots of comfort for someone in need. LOVE your tree.
Ulla said…
How wonderful that you joined the QAYG project, with beautiful blocks! Jan is working alone and making such a great job, she deserves all the help she can get.
Your red and white tree is lovely. The scrap quilt patterns tempt me all the time too.
nicolette said…
Lovely blocks Suzie!

I joined the Quilts for Queensland project on Retromummy’s blog. There will be so many quilts needed for people who were affected by the floodings.

Your red/white tree is awesome!!

Happy weekend!
Jackie said…
What a wonderful thing to do! The blocks will be much appreciated. They are wonderful.
Linda said…
I think that is wonderful!! They really do need all the help they can get! Your Le Petite tree is wonderful. You are a genius! You can leave it up for Christmas through Valentines's Day. It's beautiful!
Simone de Klerk said…
What a lovely post! Love the blocks for your Schnibbles and your other Le Petite project is very pretty!
I will have to take a look at Retromummy's blog.
Have a great weekend!
Melanie said…
Well done for making those blocks to help the flooded Australians. It is a wonderful idea.

Would your blue stars make a cushion cover or is it too big?

Your French General stars are lovely and your tree is so cute.

I'm looking for project to use up little bits, so thank you for the inspiration.
Sinta Renee said…
I was reading your post and drooling over your Mon Ami... and then I scrolled to your tree! Your TREE is beautiful! I am going to have to go copy you right now! I love it!!! You are brilliant!
Handmade by Mai said…
I love the fabrics you used for the blocks for Queensland, but also the blocks for the Schnibbles. Your Prairie point tree is great. And the books looks like a great buy. Have a nice weekend with your sewingmachine.
Carrie P. said…
It is so great the way quilters/bloggers are helping others.
Great blocks you made to share.
Your tree quilt is beautiful. Love those stars you are working on now.
Maybe the blue top could be a table topper. It is pretty.
bingo~bonnie said…
oough! what an AWESOME looking magazine! I wonder where I can find one? and I wanted to tell you I love your all red tree wall hanging you made up... looks kinda like all hearts - perfect for Valentine's Day coming soon...

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Popular Posts