Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More gifts and a cuppa

 

The Le Petite project for this month is Prairie Point Christmas, a pretty wall hanging.

I’ve cut the squares and I’m going to make a smaller version - instead of using Charm Packs (5” x 5”), the squares are cut 3” x 3”. This nice idea is from Sherri!

2010_1214blog-photos0065

I got a cold last week, but fortunately it was not so bad.

I could finish some Christmas gifts and give them to my friends. I think I’ve made mug rugs for almost all of them!

2010_1214blog-photos0042

A little stocking for a very sweet little boy:

2010_1214blog-photos0044 

I bought this cute little fellow for my DH,  his collection has to keep growing!

2010_1214blog-photos0054

Mrs. Cookie has been very busy,  she is the one who gives the best spice to the cakes and everything else!

2010_1214blog-photos0061 

I told her I’d appreciate her help during the weekend, I want to bake more cookies, DS1 is coming home for the holidays!

A sweet idea to bake for your cup, but don’t let it fly away!

2010_1214blog-photos0048

Make a cappuccino and it feels like heaven! Hmmmm!

2010_1214blog-photos0063

It has been unusually cold for the beginning of winter, we haven’t had this much snow for years, I think.

Yesterday, before I went to bed, I looked through the window, all was white, clear, peaceful, I wish I could have taken a photo (I’m an amateur as you might have realized!…)

Hope you’re enjoying this unique season!

Have a lovely week!

signature Suzie

snowfriends

13 comments:

Gra said...

Beautiful gifts!! I just fell in love with the cup with wings!!!! I like your blog header...nice pictures!!
Keep having fun...I mean working!!!!!

Linda said...

Your Prairie Point Christmas is going to be so sweet. I have to start mine. It will be an after Christmas project. You've made so many cute gifts! I love the wings on the coffee cup!! Too CUTE!!

Sherri said...

Love all of your gifts...can't wait to see the Prairie Point Christmas!

Ulla said...

The mug rugs seem to be a popular project this year! Yours are very cute and christmassy. The wings on your cappucino cup are lovely, but at first I thought they vere moose antlers for your DH!

Stephanie said...

I love snow globes. Those angel wings on the mug are fantastic!!! Really looking forward to seeing your prairie point tree. Happy Baking.

nicolette said...

Lovely mug rugs. I see them all over blogland, but never made one. Those cup wings are so fun and I love the snow globe with the reindeer in it!! So many happy Holiday Season cuteness!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely happy post, Suzie! Love the little stocking you made for a little boy!
And what a wonderful idea to add those wings to your cups. Adorable!

Katherine said...

You make such lovely gifts, Suzie. The mug rugs are adorable and very festive. Love the edible wings - you're so clever!

Annemariesquilt said...

I like mug rugs a lot Suzie.
A pretty little "snow Moose" for your DH. I will have my oldest daughter home on friday too and it is going to be good hollyday season..

Robin said...

You have a lovely week as well!

Handmade by Mai said...

Hihihi, those wings cookies. I like the fabric you have choosen for your Praire points X-mas. And those mug rugs are so cute.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love all of your gifts. The mug rug is too cute :-)

Melanie said...

What lovely red and whiteness!

Great idea to have wings for your cup. :-)

Such lovely makings too! I am impressed by the prairie point tree idea. I saw it on Simone's blog.

We have snow here at the moment but i don't think it will last until Christmas unfortunately.