Sunday, November 28, 2010

The first Sunday in Advent

 

The last two days were quite busy, I wanted to get many things ready for the first Sunday in Advent. I baked, I cleaned, I sewed, and I quilted.

Yesterday the Hunter’s Stars wall hanging was done! :-)))

It’s now hanging at the entrance:

2010_1128blog-photos0003

I quilted mostly in the ditch, then I also did some outline quilting.  The borders were free machine quilted:

2010_1128blog-photos0012

After these two days away from computer…

I started reading the mails, and to my surprise, Jackie wrote me I won her giveaway!!!

It’s a Hunter’s Stars ruler from Deb Tucker!

I ran upstairs with a huge smile,  and asked my DH, “guess what, guess what?!!”

He was happy for me, too.

Thank you so much, Jackie!!!

I’ll start showing part of the decoration, a small stitchery:

 

2010_1128blog-photos0002

Some of my last purchases. DH is a great moose fan, and I love polka dots, specially in red, and when both of them come together I can’t resist!

2010_1128blog-photos0008

This is a cookie jar – that I first did not see (unbelievable!…), but my friend did and said “That look’s perfect, don’t you think?”,  “of course, that’s just what I was looking for!”, ggg!

2010_1128blog-photos0005

The first cookies and a lot of fun!

2010_1128blog-photos0019

I found this cookie cutter, it’s the most lovely boot!

2010_1128blog-photos0023

“Oh, Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree…”

2010_1128blog-photos0024

This afternoon we’ll sit together by the fireplace, light the first advent candle, read a passage, and enjoy a warm cup of tea (DH needs coffee), and eat some cookies!

The weather is just right, the sky is clear, it’s cold, but it feels nice!

2010_1128blog-photos0030

 

The work isn’t done! More lovely things to prepare, make, and send next week!

And, more cookies to bake! ;-)))

Wishing you a peaceful and blessed Advent Season!

xmcl1aj

signature Suzie

10 comments:

Jackie said...

The Hunter's Star quilt looks fantastic!! I know you will love the ruler too. It is quick and easy, you will not want to stop making them. All your holiday prep is coming along so nicely. I think today we are going to put up our tree. I always enjoy doing this.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Hunter's Star. I saw you won on Jackie's blog. Congratulations! Oh my goodness the polka dot reindeer are so darn cute as well as santa. Your cookies look like they belong in a bakery...perfect and yummy looking.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love all your advent preparations Suzie! Your quilt looks amazing and I love all your red and white decorations.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely and happy post, Suzie! Love the Hunter Star quilt and those mooses for you hubby are just too cute!
Yummy looking (and I am certain tasting) cookies. Beauties!

Annemariesquilt said...

Your Hunters star is so beautiful and I love it.. Cookies , mmmmm.

Ulla said...

Your new quilt is beautiful, the polka dotty moose and Santa so funny and your stitching very christmassy and pretty. Your cookies then - you are a baking artist!

Annette said...

Wow, your quilt is fantastic! I love all the red and white in your post. Beautiful!!

Robin said...

I think I might have to bake some cookies tomorrow! Those looked really good and that boot cutter is the best!

Katherine said...

Congrats for winning, Suzie! I'm certain you'll put that ruler to good use.

I'm loving all the red and white projects you're sharing. I think we may be on a similar wavelength? ;o)

Your cookies are making me hungry, they look so tempting.

Melanie said...

Great and delish looking cookies. Your Hunter Star wallhanging reminds me of a wooden puzzle one of my schools had where you had to fit the pieces into a frame. Great work Suzie.