Saturday, September 4, 2010

A cup of tea

My friend Ulla said I should wipe my tears and make a cup of tea.

That’s what I did – tea always help.

Next day I needed more than a cup of tea. I baked a blueberry cake – you can imagine that was another “big” help” (LOL)! Not a crumb left…

2010_0812blog-photos0018

Drinking, eating and reading the new Marie Claire:

2010_0904blog-photos

Though I’m still looking for the lovely late summer days, these pictures gave me an Autumn feeling. Aren’t they beautiful? I love the clogs.

2010_0904blog-photos1

What about a little trip to Paris?!

If only it could be that easy!…

2010_0904blog-photos2

This is the book I got (just gathering more ideas, you know…):

2010_0904blog-photos0016

She gives you the instructions for 12 different blocks:

2010_0904blog-photos0018

The blocks can be combined in different ways, like this one for instance:

2010_0904blog-photos0019

Only two blocks and you get stunning quilts.

Some more examples:

2010_0904blog-photos0017

 

Now that “A Year of Schinbbles” is over….

Another year of fun is about to start ;-)) !!

These lovely and creative people, Sherri, Sinta and Carrie (I love her book!)planed something new, it is called “Le Petit”, you can read about it here and here. This time I’m game since the beginning and I can hardly wait to start!

I’ve baked another cake today, poppy-seed cake, hmmmm!

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

raincl1f

signature Suzie

9 comments:

Gra said...

Lovely post! I know there are images from books and magazines but sorry, all I am looking at now is that blueberry cake!!!!!!!!!! I wish you were closer. I would stop for a short visit. haha!!!

Deb said...

Yummy visions Suzie, salivating just looking at the pictures.
I hope they all helped cheer you up.

Ulla said...

Your blueberry cake looks delicious! The magazine and your new books are very inspiring, I can't wait to see your versions of the quilts.

Carole said...

I LOVE poppy seed cake ! With the "rentrée" (back to school) and the change of weather, cakes are coming back into fashion. The blueberry one looks absolutely delicious !
So raising my cup of tea to a new year of fun and sewing.

Melanie said...

Happy baking Suzie just as creative as sewing.

Yes I love the clogs too. I wear mine most of the time.

Looks like a great book. Have fun!

Stina said...

Tea and Cake.. the best way to spend an afternoon with.. and evening too.. and.. well you get it..:o)
Poppy seed cake... never tasted that or even seen it.. have to tell me more..
Nic mags and books to read during teabreaks.. :o) Enjoy!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Ulla gave you a great suggestion and it seems like your spirits are up again. The cake looks so good. Wish I could have joined you for the cup of tea with cake and have a chat about our children leaving our protective wings.

Annemariesquilt said...

Yes cakes are great comforters.. My oldest daughter have moved too and all the way to Bergen . Bergen is 10 ours drive from here so I miss her a lot. But she is doing just great and making a lot of new friends. I hope your son is just fine too.

Stephanie said...

Be sure to always eat your desserts in even numbers so you keep the size of your hips even. :o) Delicious cakes and perfect with tea. Marie Claire always looks fabulous and what a great source of inspiration.