Slowly coming back

 

I’ve been away for a while, but I’m still here.

I have to stop and think before I answer “when did I come back from the holidays?…”

Seriously, I have no idea. Though I can say that we came back on a Saturday and on Monday we started to look for a place for DS1. He is moving out. He got an answer from the University and everything had to be done in such a short period of time.

He is the first one to leave home so this situation is “new” to us. I am happy for him, he’s going to study what he wanted. But that is not just a matter of packing his suitcases and leaving home. It takes more than 3 hours drive because the high way is a terrible one, constantly full. Getting a small apartment for a student is a hard job, it means much more work, for him and for us, too. In the middle of getting things done I got the bugs….Quite hard this time, I felt miserable.

DS2’s turn. He went with his class and teacher on a trip for about a week – everything went fine, he only came back home with a cold and a sore throat.

It is still all in haywire….The kitchen from IKEA is going to be set up today and tomorrow (if everything goes fine). The rest will be on its way on Monday and Tuesday next week. On Wednesday he wants to go to his first lecture. Whew!….Is it then finally settled?!…A little voice tells me, “no,dear”….

How mistaken I was to think I would have time for other things…My chaos is now much more confusing than ever before. I am slowly coming back to my sewing room, doing my best not to juggle appointments around, and hoping I can soon keep track of some deadlines.

The Schnibbles for July was on my list, and though I started it, I was not able to finish it on time. It was done a week or so later. I preferred to sew the pattern like Stina did:

2010_0825blog-photos0067 

Here is a better picture:

2010_0825blog-photos0070

How many days I have to finish the Schnibble pattern for August??

I chose Plan C (Short Story) and that’s how it looks so far:

2010_0825blog-photos0053

2010_0825blog-photos0058

Messy or productive?

Either way, I like this picture! It gives me the feeling I’ve been sewing.

Remember the sneak peaks I showed from gifts I was making for two dear friends?

Simone received hers on time: (the little dog reminded me of her real dog Bibi):

2010_0715blog-photos0001

2010_0715blog-photos0002

I was glad to hear she liked them.

But Deb never got hers…..

I’m so sad about it. I keep asking what happened to the parcel, who is cuddling Bob “the Bear”?…..These gifts were for her:

2010_0715blog-photos0010

2010_0715blog-photos0011

 

Now…I know what is missing here, pictures of the holidays, right?

Right….

But….I can only show you two!!!!

Thanks to my bird brain, the batteries of my camera could not be reloaded. Great.

Here is the bridge:

2010_0722blog-photos0001

And here comes the ship to takes us to….

2010_0722blog-photos0002

 

Denmark!

I can go there again and again, it is always a pleasure!

At home I decided to take pictures of the things we bought there, things we like. Is it ok? I hope so. Then I played a little with some of the pictures.

I love Marie Kiks, I had to buy an extra package to bring home:

 

jigsawca9047918b1eea55980cf932ce006ba85f489afd

I love blueberry cakes, pies, jam, everything!

popart913421b262b1325f59df655509e760ace13a79f7

What about in these colors?

popart2b7b109f04a617a53060f1a190d956c580f2e09b

The original Blueberry jam:

2010_0812blog-photos0006

Lavender honey, it tastes so delicious:

jigsaw79e8fa7812f86fe59d39e9cc098ea35608437568

I still have to try this:

2010_0812blog-photos0023

2010_0812blog-photos0026

You prepare the dough, leave it over night in the fridge and you can bake them next morning. Sounds good to me!  Havregryn means oat meal.

Home made Hot dogs for the “boys”!

2010_0825blog-photos0021

And even though DS2 is not a “little child” anymore, he still loves to eat this sort of cheese:

2010_0825blog-photos0087

2010_0825blog-photos0088

Isabellas is a very nice magazine with ideas for decoration, garden and cooking and baking:

2010_0825blog-photos0078

Combinations in orange and blue:

2010_0825blog-photos0079

An unusual bedroom:

2010_0825blog-photos0081

A lovely box:

2010_0825blog-photos0085

2010_0825blog-photos0086 

2010_0825blog-photos0082

This is an informative picture from a card:

2009_0725blog-photos0157

It is interesting to know that  the word “gift” means poison in Danish and in German!

In this case, one should be aware of these beautiful flowers, they are “Pretty, but poisonous”!

That’s all for now.

Hoping that life will soon get into a “normal” and smooth flow

and wishing you a lovely and creative week!

frdql1c

signature Suzie

 

 

 

 

Comments

Ulla said…
Congratulations to your Uni student! I hope he will have a good start in independent living and his studies. Your Schnibble quilt looks charming. Such sweet gifts you made, too bad the other parcel was lost in mail. Let's hope it will be delivered some day. Take care of yourself and get really well! Welcome back!
Gra said…
Hi! I guess I became your follower right when you left! I was glad to read this post from you. Beautiful quilt and gifts. I hope to see more as soon as you start feeling your life is back on track again.
Greetings from Argentina!
Simone de Klerk said…
So very good to hear from you again, Suzie. It is a lovely post with lots and lots to show and tell.
What a big change for you, to see your first child leaving home to study in another city. Wonderful, the way you are helping him and I think the little voice is right.
Your Schnibbles turned out so pretty! I found Joy Luck to be lots and lots of work.
Lovely pictures you are sharing with us of those Danish products. I think I should really go there one day!
Hope everything turns out normal for you very soon! xo
Carole said…
So nice to hear from you again ! This post is a real feast for the eyes - though I'm sorry to hear that one swap didn't make it to its owner. This is so sad, it happened to me as well and I understand how frustrating it is...
I hope things clear up soon and life gets back to less chaotic. Big hug !
Deb said…
You have been so busy Suzie. Gosh life is never slow when you would like it to be is it? I Love your scnibble quilt, its really neat and like you I love the photo of all of the pieces of your next one.What lovely gifts you made myself and Simone, like you I am so sad that Bob bear hasn't arrived, I hope he does one day but if someone else has him I hope they are caring for him well. Thank you so much for your lovely thought though. Hope your bugs are all clearing.
Stephanie said…
Terrific news about your son. It's strange when they start leaving home. Lovely gifts for Simone and Deb. I often wonder what happens to packages not received. Sad that lovely gift didn't make it to the rightful owner. Lavendar honey sounds lovely. You've been missed.
Melanie said…
Well done to yor son for getting into uni and the uni he wanted. Yes it is an upheaval but hopefully things will settle down soon and you will all be less stressed and more able to recover from sneezes and wheezes.

Your schnibbles is wonderful.

I heard that Australia didn't let a toy bear in because it might have a disease, so perhaps the rest of the parcel is still stuck in customs and the other things will still be sent on? What a shame.
Carrie P. said…
Catching up on your blog. A trip to Denmark, so awesome.
It is tough when the kids start leaving home but I am sure your son will fine.
You made some beautiful Schnibbles quilts.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Popular Posts