A weather to enjoy!

It feels so good outdoors!

It’s warm and dry, such nice summer days!

That’s the reason why I’ve been away from the sewing room!

But I have finished a “Strippy Bag”, my last project for Stephanie’s challenge!

 

2010_0630blog-photos0060

More strings for the inside pocket with a zipper:

2010_0630blog-photos0064 

 

2010_0630blog-photos0063

I used D rings to attach the handles, it is a good idea, too:

2010_0630blog-photos0065

And, TA DA!

My Schnibbles for this month, “State Fair”.

These patterns are soooo much fun to make!

I think I’m getting addicted to it! ;-)))

2010_0630blog-photos0068

I used  2 “Sweet Hearts” Charm Packs (Benartex), which had only 27 per pack. The pattern asked for 68 charms, what should I do?…

Fortunately I had two FQs from the sampler and then I added a “stowaway”!!! Can you find it?

***You can find the “stowaway” fabric in the last block of the 2nd row,  the 2nd block of  the 3rd row and in the last block of the last row!

DH and I took a little trip  during the weekend, some lovely time together.

We went to Wernigerode and Quedlinburg, pretty small towns, nice cafes and places to visit:

mosaic3f102ac567ec1db6ce5b3bb9a5e79f6576154636

If you wish, you can see more photos here and here.

 

No sneak peak today….

But I sure have projects to work on!

Some gifts for lovely friends ;-)))

So for now I can show you some pictures of beautiful flowers!

mosaic5e07734f2ad5dad4924c5451b7862dd92b57e29f

 

mosaic41c60c42f924735a8693a84f1bf4db5acac5ebf6

 

 

Have a lovely,

delightful week!

grdcl1p

signature Suzie

 

 

Comments

Stephanie said…
You're going to have quite a nice collection of pretty bags. One for each day. I really enjoy the photo collage of your trip.
Jackie said…
Love the bag and the schnibbles. The photos of your trip are fabulous. What lovely architecture!
Simone de Klerk said…
Your string bag turned out so pretty! And your Schnibbles: love it! I can't find the stowaway.
You went to a lovely place with your DH.

Enjoy the sun (O:
ale balanzario said…
Lovely bag, your quilt looks great, love all the fabrics, Thanks for share those great town photos.
:)
Anne Ida said…
Pretty, pretty bag!!! You have done a great job! And I love the colours :o) And your Schnibble is so cute! I have trouble finding your stowaway, though...

Lovely town pictures and flowers - thanks for sharing!
Katherine said…
Oh, I love the colours of this new bag, Suzie! It's beautiful.

Your Schnibbles looks fantastic. I couldn't guess which fabric is the 'stowaway'.

Your photos are like postcards. Gorgeous!
Ulla said…
The string bag is really pretty! The schnibbles quilt looks so perfect with all those sharp points, and the outer border is very much like the one I'm going to start putting together next for my little quilt.
Nice pictures from your trip to the Harz.
Annemariesquilt said…
An amazing bag and I love the colours Stephanie.
Ohh another schnibbel Suzie, wonderful. No I cannot see any different fabrics, you hid it well;-))
Melanie said…
Love the bag Suzie- it so reminds me of swimming in the River Windrush in those colours. Fantastic job!

Ooo what a great quilt design. I wonder if a jelly roll would work?

The architecture is fabulous. I hope you had a wonderfuland special time.

OOo what lovely flowers too. It's such a lovely time of year!
Carole said…
Thanks for this amazing post !! The colours of the bag are my favorites, your flowers are lovely (mine are rather thirsty now, but I'm done with the graduation papers so now I can come back to them) and you seem to have enjoyed a wonderful trip... it all puts me in a super good mood !!
Annette said…
Such beautiful photos...both the flowers and your projects. Just lovely!

Popular Posts