Monday, June 21, 2010

Nice things, nice day

 

Melanie makes wonderful trips and shares her photos on her blog, it is like taking a tour!

This time she sent me some lovely souvenirs from her last “gallivating “(that’s how she calls it) and I am very happy with them! The FQ had a lovely scent, the whole parcel was perfumed. Thanks, dear friend!

 

2010_0615blog-photos0021

On Saturday some ladies from my Quilt Group and I also made a little trip.

The weather was a bit grey and cold, but we had a nice time. We visited a small quilt shop and then we went to a lovely place to have a meal. They had strawberry cake and I couldn’t resist it!…Hmmm!  A bag with quilt goodies + laughter +  a piece of cake = happy ;-))

2010_0621blog-photos

On the calendar it is clear : today is the begin of Summer!

The Clematis is blooming, it’s so beautiful:

2010_0621blog-photos0039

2010_0621blog-photos0042

The first yellow rose:

2010_0621blog-photos0044

Yesterday I finished the wall hanging that I  named “Waiting for the summer”. Now it is ready, just in time!

Hello, summer!

2010_0621blog-photos0051

The machine quilting “runs” in one direction, like water or soft waves. This was the first time I’ve tried this motif, it was fun.

2010_0621blog-photos0049

A little sneak peak from a bag that is nearly finished! 

2010_0621blog-photos0052

Wishing you a lovely and creative week!

And a delightful summer time!

sumcl1o

signature Suzie

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I refer to myself as an armchair traveler when reading Melanie's blog. She's a sweetheart. Perfect quilting for your pretty quilt. LOVE the sneak peek...I think I recognize the fabric. :o)

nicolette said...

Happy Summer Suzie! Yours has definitely started

Ulla said...

Melanie's tours are great, no tired feet after long walks with her! Your fabric from her looks lovely. - I'm glad to hear the club excursion was a success and your efforts were not in vain. Your flowers are beautiful.

Melanie said...

What a lovely place to eat cake! Yes Happy Summertime!

I love how your Boutique turned out. I still have my jelly roll. :-) Soon soon.

ooo interesting sneak peek.

Annette said...

beautiful flowers and quilt. Both remind me of the beauty of summertime.

Simone de Klerk said...

Today is Laura's birthday, so our summer always starts very special (O: Wishing you a lovely summer.
I love your quilt and great how you did the quilting and named it.
Look forward to see the whole bag!

Katherine said...

You pack so much prettiness into each of your posts, Suzie. Fantastic goodies from Melanie and I love the collage of scenery shots along with your pretty flowers.
Can't wait to see the full reveal on the bag you give a peek of....

Annemariesquilt said...

Yes Melanie is a very sweet lady and I had a sweet gift comming my way too!!
I love your new Schnibbel quilt and it is wonderfully quiltet. I am working on one too ;-))

Anne Ida said...

Oh, I LOVE your Waiting for the summer wall hanging!! And you did some great quilting on it!

I keep on drooling every time I see someone have made a version of this schnibble! Me too someday? I have a layer cake and some shirtings stashed away to make the large version...