Monday, April 26, 2010

The hexagon bag is finished!

 

I found a nice way to sew the zipper (in a Japanese book) and the hexagon bag is finished.

I did not sew the zipper directly to the top of the bag, instead, it is sewn to strips and the the strips to the bag, can you see what I mean?

2010_0426blog-photos0010

2010_0426blog-photos0011

Ready for shopping!

2010_0426blog-photos0013

A short sneak peak of my Tagalong, I know I’m a bit late again, but I guess I can still finish it in time.

2010_0426blog-photos0001

This the Church where DS2 had his Confirmation. I would like to show some more pictures, but we were not allowed to take photos during the ceremony. It was done by a photograph and we can get it later. Anyways, it was a nice celebration, well organized and the weather was nice, too.

2010_0426blog-photos0009

My Quilt Group has a meeting next week so I have to get some blocks and a project done. Pretty busy days ahead!

Have a lovely and creative week!

 cn3cl5a

signature Suzie

14 comments:

Annie said...

Great idea for the zip - I see, and lovely bag

Stephanie said...

I still get "zipper hives" and have yet to take the plunge and just do it. Super cute bag.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your bag is amazing Suzie - love the red and aqua colour scheme - the zipper finishes it off perfectly. Congratulations to your son on his confirmation. Have a lovely week.

Karen said...

Oh, this is a very nice bag! I really like it! I think putting the zipper in was a good idea! Great job! :0)

Ulla said...

The zipper makes the pretty bag even more practical. You always manage to do such a perfect job; I think I will need to practice this method and give my bags a professional look.

Simone de Klerk said...

Your bag is soooo pretty! Wonderful job. And I look forward to see your finished Tagalong. The colors look great!

Carrie P. said...

Great idea for your bag and it looks great.
Pretty 9 patch blocks too.

Deb said...

Suzie what agreat way to put a zipper in and being recessed into the bag it looks so neat and tidy.
hugs Deb

Sandi Butler said...

I love the way your new bag is finished off, with the zip sewn in like that.
A lovely old church. Congratulations on your son's confirmation.

Carole said...

Oh, that was fast, congratulations !!

Annemariesquilt said...

Your new bag is adorable and I absolutely love it!!

Melanie said...

The bag is gorgeous Suzie. Yes I know the strips method of putting in a zip. I think it makes for a stronger bag too. It looks so lovely all finished.

Lovely colour blocks too.

Glad the confirmation went without a hitch.

pinsandneedles said...

What a good idea for the zip! It would make a lovely tutorial! It makes a lovely finish to your bag. Good job.

KaHolly said...

I just love your bag! And your zipper idea is quite clever, too! I vote for a tutorial! ~karen