Friday, March 5, 2010

Time for a new generation

 

I cannot tell whether it is kind of a conspiracy or just a strange coincidence….

It started with the dish washer, this machine seems to claim for attention every now and then. Luckily this time it could be repaired – for a notorious amount of money, of course.

Not three days later the washer got “infected”, too. What is going on?!…DH tried his best to see if he himself could repair it. He gave up hours later….After 15 years of good mutual work I have to say goodbye to my loyal friend. Will the new one be as good as my old one?…

Then something really bad happened, my ruler got broken. (Please, don’t ask me how, that is so embarrassing…) I need to replace it soon.

May I go on? My iron “forgot” that it has a “Anti-Drip” function. And it is not “that” old! The ironing board was getting more than wet.  I tried later again, it seemed to work and I thought nothing was wrong. Finally yesterday I had the afternoon for my sewing!… (I thought….) I turned on the iron, started ironing, and I heard a sizzling. That was it, a short circuit….”What happened??!, We have no electricity! What did I do?…” DH said, it was no one’s guilt, “shit happens!”. And he fixed it. My angel.

Melanie called it a “black cloud of doom” and I agree! Please, black cloud, go AWAY!

That was our contribution to help the economy, we had to buy new electrical equipments, but enough already! I’ve had it.

To my frustration I did not manage to sew half as much as I wanted to.  This is a post without pictures, I have nothing new to show…And what I have I can’t!!! The birthday gifts for two lovely blogfriends will soon be on their way to them ;-)))

Hoping next week will be a creative and good one for all of us!

See you,

maxine1

signature Suzie

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally agree with your husband's sentiment! :o) Maxine sums it all up at times. Wishing you a better week and may the gremlins stay away from your house.

Melanie said...

Well hopefully that is all your black cloud for now. You really shouldn't flick your rubber at the teacher with your ruler. LOL

I know the feeling we have a glut of secret birthday makings here too. :-) Such fun!

Zlaty said...

One of those weeks! I hope everything starts working normally next week!

Happy sewing!

Stina said...

Ahhh Suzie...
Hope you will have a very lovely weekend WITHOUT any more uneasinesss!!! HUGS!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh dear. One thing after the other. Hope the spell is over now!
Have a lovely weekend.

Ulla said...

Oh dear, we had a similar situation last year with several houshold things being suddenly replaced, luckily not my ruler!
- It is all those midsummer babies having their birthday at the end of March, a busy season!

Chookyblue...... said...

such bad luck.....hope that is the end of it.........love the picture you included.......

Jeanette said...

I hope nothing more breaks down on you. Wishing you a better week. Hugs, Jeanette

Deb said...

Ow Suzie, yep those days are sh.. days thats for sure. And its always as you say not just one item but a whole hoard of them. I am sure that our washing machine is sneaking out the door, I am going to have to put a restraint on it so that it doesn't start the roll over effect .....
hugs Deb

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How Frustrating! We had a similar run last year - with three appliances "dying" over a couple of weeks. Hope the coming week is more creative for you!

nicolette said...

We always say... shit happens!

We had something similar happening, but we figured out it had to do with the date on which we had a new kitchen and all new equipment installed. It’s likely they break down one after another... but it’s a real bummer!
Hope your dark cloud will disappear!

Annemariesquilt said...

Oh dear oh dear I realy hope things get better for you Suzie!!
I guess spring is warming at your place too and everything gets nicer..Take care and have fun!!