A beautiful day – and my Roundabout

 

Hi, there!

For about more than two weeks I received parcels and kept them safely in the living room – can you imagine how hard it was to wait until I could open them?!

But I am a good girl and I did not peek!

Last Friday was the day!

And what a wonderful day I had! The sun was shining in the morning and though it rained in the late afternoon, that did not spoil that special day.

My family and friends were here and we had a lovely afternoon with tea, coffee and cake.

2010_0329blog-photos0037

DH gave me great books (I’ll show them in my next post), wonderful flowers, and a very funny T-shirt:

2010_0329blog-photos0040

He said that is how he sometimes find me in my sewing room!!!

I have to confess…. that is true!

The first parcel I got was from Anne Marie with a beautiful and practical organizer, pretty fat quarters, a nice card and lovely buttons.

I like it so much! It matches perfectly with a gorgeous tote bag I got from one of her giveaways. Tusend takk, dear Anne Marie!

2010_0329blog-photos0004

2010_0329blog-photos0005

2010_0329blog-photos1

The second one was from Ulla. It was a huge parcel, the postman had a curious expression on his face when I opened the door!

She sent me a Unicef doll she makes to raise money, you can read more about it here. Isn’t she lovely? Her name is Martha. She is dressed in her school uniform, she is a very good schoolgirl, she likes to take walks and , what makes me happy, she loves handiwork!!

2010_0329blog-photos0008

Her sister, Dot, is living with Melanie, and that is a little bit far away…Martha told me she is missing her sister already and she wants to write to her as soon as possible.

Wonderful presents, dear Ulla! I felt like a little girl!

2010_0329blog-photos

The third one was from dear Stephanie.  She wrapped the presents in a beautiful tea towel!

2010_0329blog-photos0009

Inside there was a wonderful fabric (for a bag), gromets, lavender bags, and a crochet wash cloth:

2010_0329blog-photos0010

The gifts are so lovely, thank you!

2010_0329blog-photos2

From sweet Melanie came two parcels. She wrote that the first one was not the “proper present”, but I did not open until Friday. The second one came later, it was a round parcel!

2010_0329blog-photos0014

I love the wrapping paper and the card with snowdrops.

But I love this basket much, much more!

2010_0329blog-photos0015

How pretty is that? I’m still amazed by her work!

And there were so many lovely goodies inside, flannel, a thimble for my collection, a nice pen, a perfumed candle, a little heart tin with tiny needles, chocolate eggs and a wonderful tea towel.

 

2010_0329blog-photos0018

 

I call the “not proper” gifts an extra care to sweeten the days!

2010_0329blog-photos0020

Heartfelt thanks, dear friend!

2010_0329blog-photos4

Simone, another dear friend of mine, sent me lovely presents, too.

2010_0329blog-photos0021

You girls have such great wrapping papers, I’m keeping them all! Sweet butterflies on the notepad with a pen:

2010_0329blog-photos0022

This is one of the most cute little bunny stitchery ( the other one lives with Melanie!), here a closer look:

2010_0329blog-photos0023

2010_0329blog-photos3 

I love them, Simone! Thank you so much!

All of you made my day a special one, full of loving and caring, warmth and joy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

cn3cl28b

Oh, I still have to show my “Roundabout”!

I used “Cherish Nature” from Deb Strain (Moda). It is a very nice color combination, I’m pleased with it.

2010_0329blog-photos0001

Wishing each of you a lovely, sunny and creative week!

signature Suzie

Comments

Melanie said…
So glad you had a lovely special day. It is so wonderful to have dear friends like you.
Stephanie said…
Sweet treasures for your special day. Lots of mail goodness.
Ulla said…
What a lovely day you had, with that delicious looking cake and all the pretty gifts. It is funny that so many of us have March birthdays.
You have been busy with your new quilt, it has fresh colours and pretty pattern.
Deb said…
Dear Suzie, what a wonderful birthday it looks like you had, such lovely friends. So thrilled you had a fabulous day, Happy belated birthday .
hugs Deb
Annemariesquilt said…
Wow so many lovely gifts for a wonderful Lady. I am so happy you liked my gift!!
Take care and Happy Easter!!
Cindy said…
What wonderful friends, Suzie. You are truly loved and admired by many. I had no idea about your special day so please know my love comes forth to a special lady!!

I am cherishing that Schnibbles. love it, love it, love it.
Stina said…
Wow... lovely lovely gifts for you on your special day..
Frindes near and far are something special..:o)

Love your Schnibble.. the fabric choice was wonderful..love it!!!
nicolette said…
So many wonderful gifts Suzie! Your day must have been very special. Happy belated Birthday to you!
Min Quilte krok said…
Happy birthday ;-) Many lovely gifts from lovely frends
Happy easter
Katherine said…
Most amazing gifts, Suzie! Looks like you had a happy day, sweet friend. A belated happy birthday and best wishes to you!

Wow. I love your latest quilt. Gorgeous colours and lovely design.
Love your Roundabout. The fabrics are so refreshing.
Wow Suzie - looks like you had an amazing birthday and received some beautiful presents from friends who know you well.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter holiday!
Simone de Klerk said…
Some lovely presents for you to treasure, dear Suzie! Somehow I missed your last posts. Not sure why. You Schnibbles turned out so pretty. I love the fabrics and colors you used!
Carrie P. said…
Happy Belated Birthday! Such sweet friends to send you very lovely gifts.
Just finished catching up on all the posts I have missed. Some pretty stuff you have been doing. I love that little fat blue bunny embroidery. He is so cute. What a great little quilt Anne Ida made for you. I love the paper pieced bee.

Popular Posts