Friday, February 26, 2010

Something finished and lots of new ideas

I’ve just finished my first Schnibbles! :-)))

The fabrics are from Moda Mill House Inn (Joanna Figueroa). It is also the first time I have used Charm Packs, I had no idea how all the fabrics would look like, but I’m pleased with the results. The instructions were clear and simple, it went together pretty fast.

Now I can say I’m ready for next month’s pattern!

2010_0226blog-photos0002

I realized later (after reading your comments) that I forgot to show you what I purchased at the Quilt Show....(excuse my bird brain...).

These ones here “jumped” into my bag!!! I love the tea pots, such a  cute fabric; the scissors and spools got my eyes, too.

2010_0226blog-photos0006

Turquoise, teal and other prints to use with linen - have to find a nice project for them:

2010_0226blog-photos0007

When I received my favorite magazine, I simply had to stop what I was doing! Kind of a boring chore, I did not feel bad about it!!! The dish washer got broken, oh no….

So, let’s sit down and simply enjoy the lovely ideas for Spring!

2010_0223blog-photos0141

A tea pot with buttons! Santa, please add this to my wish list!

2010_0223blog-photos0142

 

This bag is called “The Princess and the Pea”. So sweet!

2010_0223blog-photos0156

A lot of Polka Dots:

2010_0223blog-photos0147

More Petit Pois:

2010_0223blog-photos0151

Beautiful bread! Love and imagination everywhere.

2010_0223blog-photos0152

Isn’t it a pity to eat them? But they sure taste good!

2010_0223blog-photos0153

2010_0223blog-photos0154

Blues, white and green,  a beautiful combination, always!

See the white tea pot?

2010_0223blog-photos0150

I’ve seen some pillows like this one, crochet is a pretty neat idea:

2010_0223blog-photos0149

And the best for last, a beautiful quilt!

A lovely one to welcome Spring:

2010_0223blog-photos0145

It has rained a little….

………some sunshine now and then….

…..the snow has melted away.

I can hardly wait to see the flowers blooming!

But not just sit and wait, you know, busy fingers, happy heart!

In my sewing room the strips in a variety of colors are ready to be sewn into another project. They are the substitutes for the flowers in  these grey days.

Wishing you a lovely and creative weekend, with lots of sewing, stitching and quilting!

Have a good time!

signature Suzie

qltcl1q

20 comments:

Stina said...

Way to go Suzie... love your Schnibble... :o)))
The fabrics works so well together..
LOvely ideas in the mag and you did well in the shopping too:..:O)

Annemariesquilt said...

You have made a beautiful new quilt.. I have bought some charmpacks and jelly roll with Mill house in.. But I am not sure what I will use them for yet.
And all your buyings are great, it is always nice just to pick some very special fabrics, like the one with the Tespots, when you are at a quilt show. Norwegian quiltshow is comming up on the 20th march, I have not decided if I will go and visit yet.. I will just go for a daytrip, cheapest that way. I wish you a wonderful weekend. My husband is away in Vancouver so I will be staying at home with my youngest daughter ;-))

Stephanie said...

A button teapot! Oh my goodness how cute. Lots of "me" things in your new magazing. :o) Very pretty schnibbles. I love charm packs. You got some great things at the quilt show too.

Encarni said...

Hello! Your blog is very beautiful. Good buy from Spain. Encarni

Anne-Mette said...

Dein neuer Quilt gefällt mir sehr. Es ist schön, dass du wieder im Blogland zu finden bist :-).
Schöne Stoffe hast du gekauft und die Teekanne mit Knöpfe gefällt mir auch sehr.
Ein schönes Wochenende wünsche ich dir.
Liebe Grüsse aus dem Norden,
Anne-Mette

Min Quilte krok said...

I love your new idea and fabric
Have a great and creative weekend
Hugs:-))

Carrie P. said...

Oh the fabrics you chose for you Schnibbles quilt are so pretty. The magazine has lots of cute stuff in it.

Annie said...

Lots of lovely goodness there - I just LOVED the crotchet pillow

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Schnibbles quilt is gorgeous Suzie!! Love all your new fabrics - can't wait to see what they will become. Love the pictures fromt eh latest MCI - my subscription ended but after seeing this issue I think I made need to renew. That button tea pot is so adorable.

Deb said...

Ow Suzie what a yummy collection of goodies from your trip. Mmmm.
Love your Schibbles, its looks wonderful.
hugs Deb

Melanie said...

Hia Suzie, love the button tea pot too- so unusual. What an inspirational magazine

Lovely Schnibbles you finished.

On dreary days I reach for colour too. Spring has arrived here now- my dwarf iris is out and some primula. Hopefully it will be with you soon too.

Sherri said...

Love your Schnibbles...fun purchases as well!

Simone de Klerk said...

Congratulations on your first Schnibbles finish, Suzie! It is lovely (O:
Love all those inspiring pictures you shared with us. The button teapot is sooooooooo pretty. Ask Santa to put it on the list for me too (O:
Lovely purchases!

Handmade by Mai said...

I love your schnibbles. I can inmage why those fabrics had to come home with you. That teapot is so cute, I have a mug and it 's so nice to drink my tea from this mug.

an encourager said...

Fun Schnibbles!

Marianne said...

Your first Schnibbles turned out wonderful! I love the fabric you used. I just bought a jelly roll and layer cake of it and can't wait to cut into it.

Anne Ida said...

Congratulations on finishing your first Shnibbles quilt!!! It is absolutely wonderful! I love FigTree fabrics, and the Mill House Inn line is perfect for this quilt!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and stitches from me

Ulla said...

I somehow missed this post. Lovely fabrics, the cutest teapot one can think, and happy colours. Your little quilt is very pretty!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love your Schnibbles. It turned out beautifully :-)

nicolette said...

The Schnibbles quilt is very cute!

I have been flipping the pages of the Marie Claire and it really has this Spring feeling!