Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

 

2010

A New Year has just began!

Let’s hope it will be a good and healthy one, with lots of projects (accomplished ones, if possible!) and happy hours spent in the sewing room. That’s a quilter’s wish from the heart to all of you!

Unfortunately I did not have the chance to report much about our Christmas this time. We had a nice, happy and peaceful one, with a little bit of snow and pleasant hours enjoying ourselves. I hope you all had a wonderful time with your families.

Here are some pictures of the decoration:

mosaica9f6245ceec565460c710227c8d3c0e05f384487

I want to share with you what some dear blogfriends sent me. It was such a joy to receive so much caring from all over the world!

The first parcel came from Melanie with beautiful gifts!

2009_1226blog-photos0023

A towel from the region where she lives, a recipe book, and a very pretty sewing bag with more goodies inside. A heart pincushion, a needle book, a cute matryoshka, and a darling wooden mushroom for my collection!

2009_1226blog-photos0025

There is plenty of place for everything, her work is beautiful! Thank you so much, dear Melanie, you know how to make someone happy!

Then came Ulla’s parcel with these adorable goodies from Finnland:

2009_1226blog-photos0017

A towel in blue with her fine stitchery, tea with spices,  a special chocolate with chili, a green plate with a lovely painting. Look how sweet the bird is:

2009_1226blog-photos0018

What is on the plate now? The delicious gingerbread cookies she made! They are so tasty, I’m glad she also sent the recipe for them!

2009_1226blog-photos0020

Heartfelt thanks Ulla! How nice of you sharing the joy of Christmas with me, too!

On the same day I also got Stephanie’s, I was smiling and giggling like a little girl!

2009_1226blog-photos0021

Isn’t this pincushion a darling one? I love the little tree and the ric-rac! The fabrics are so lovely and I am so happy to have a red bobbin, too!

Thank you so much, Stephanie! I wish you could have seen my smile! Actually, I smile anytime I see the adorable gifts from my friends!

From one member of my quilt group I got this lovely pressie:

2009_1226blog-photos0026

She knows I like gingerbread man so she filled a little box with all things “ginger”. I especially like the buttons she made herself, aren’t they cute? I do value the time she spent doing all these gifts.

2009_1226blog-photos0027

Deb sent me a Christmas card with a lovely stitchery (that is now hanging on the tree). It took a while to come here all the way from New Zealand, it is something I’ll always treasure, thank you so much!

2009_1226blog-photos0030

 Thank you all for making this Season even more special!

I’ve found a saying from Abraham Lincoln, “The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time”. That sounds like a good resolution to me.  I’ll try to take each day as it comes and hope to make the best out of it. How about you, have you set goals for the new year?

It has been snowing and everything is white, it looks so peaceful, so nice. It is the kind of weather quilters enjoy!

snowman 

I should get back into sewing soon or the withdrawal symptom  will get harder!….

Wishing you a lovely and creative week!

frienship  signature Suzie

17 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Happy New Year Suzie! You got some very very nice Christmas goodies. I really like the saying from Lincoln, a great one to live by.

Carole said...

Happy New Year Suzie ! Waow, you've been really spoilt, tell me !! I love your decoration in the first picture, with all the hearts and the birdies. And the ornament with the embroidered tree... lots of inspiration !!
All the best and have fun in your sewing room !

Ulla said...

Happy New Year, Suzie! It is good to hear from you on the blog again. - I'm glad you liked the gingerbread, but I have to confess I didn't bake them!

Julie said...

Happy New Year! Your gifts are amazing!

Deb said...

Happy New Year Suzie. Your Christmas goodies from the girls are gorgeous and I love the photos of different decorated areas of your home.
What about that Melanie, finishing all of her UFO's, sometimes you just want to shake her don't you, she is so focused-lol.
Hope you're feeling better and standing straight again.
Hugs Deb

Christy said...

Happy new year suzie! Wishing brilliant health, joy, peace, love, creativity and prosperity to you and your family!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year Suzie- lovely to hear from you in Blogland.

What lovely goodies from some of Blogland's lovliest angels. :-)

I made some resolutions which I put on my blog to remind me. I will be trying to make from stash too -daughter has the chest i kept fabric in so I am in 2 bedside cabinets now and a couple of wicker trays. I aim to be just in the cabinets by the end of the year- all tidy!

nicolette said...

So good to hear from you Suzie! You’ve received some gorgeous gifts!

My resolution is to live 2010 to the full cause 2009 disappeared like snow!

Stephanie said...

Lovely gifts from those happy to call you their friend. :o) Looking forward to seeing the creative things you make this year.

Sharon said...

You're very lucky to have such wonderful and talented friends, Suzie. They show their caring in the lovely gifts they made you. I hope this year will be better for you and we'll see you blogging more. Happy New Year from Sharon and Katie

Annemariesquilt said...

Happy new year to you too..
All your gifts are so beautiful and you are a very lucky girl Suzie..
I have been away for Christmas so I am realy looking forward some time on my own in my sewingroom.
Take care Suzie and have some fun!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What very lovely gifts you received. I know you will enjoy them all. Wishing you a very happy and blessed New Year.

Sandi said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year too,Suzie!
Lovely christmas decorations, your home looks beautiful.
Gorgeous gifts from the girls too, gingerbread is one of my favourites. We are lucky to have a ginger factory on the Sunshine Coast where you can buy 'everything ginger'. A lot of ginger is grown in this region.
The snow sounds wonderful, all white around, just like everywhere has been dusted in icing sugar.

Cindy said...

What a great saying from Mr. Lincoln, love it!

Blogger friends are simpley the bestest ever!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

So many lovely presents for you, dear Suzie! I can imagine they all made you smile and still smiling (((O:
Love the books you got too!

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,性愛