I’m still here…

 

This long absence was not planned, but somehow it just had to take place.

I got sidetracked.

I felt “empty”.

I needed time for myself, for my thoughts, time to organize the chaos in my mind and in my sewing room.  I needed to breathe. The break was necessary. It is like a car that runs out of fuel and can’t go on. But it is still on the road and as soon as the tank is full, you know you can continue the journey.  This time I really needed time to re-tank and now I’m slowly coming back.

I thank once more for the  encouraging words, they were really appreciated and they helped me, too.  And I was touched again by these lovely friends that sent me gifts and cards, you girls are so loving and caring.

2009_0822blog-photos0024

The wonderful lavender sachets from sweet Melanie. They smell so good, so calming. She always find the right words!

2009_0822blog-photos0030

A sweet card and a delicious tea bag from the friendly Stephanie,  such a heartwarming gift!

2009_0822blog-photos0031

Pretty knitted potholder, dishcloth and a pattern from Ulla, a very caring friend, who is always there to cheer you up.

hugs

 

To all of you!!!!

 

 

 

 

To find my way back to quilting I decided it would be better to finish some of my projects, I guess because I need the feeling of having something accomplished in my hands rather than planning something new. Then, the next decision was, what should I work on?

Remember the quilt with reds, pinks and blues I started last year for Christina? The time is there to get it done. I sorted out the blocks:

2009_0822blog-photos0060

 

 

It looks like some blocks are missing….

Better take a look at my scrap bags and finally say hi to the sewing machine.

 

 

 

That’s how I got so far:

2009_0822blog-photos0064

The blocks are all in different sizes, what makes it difficult to find a way to sew them together. A solution was to sew borders and square them up to 9 1/2”  X 9 1/2”. I’m pleased with it!

A little break to sew a gift for one of my friend’s birthday.  Actually, the time I needed to sew this pincushion would have been enough to bake a real cake!!! But, that was something she still did not have and she was very happy!! And me too!

2009_0822blog-photos0025

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2009_0822blog-photos0026

 

And talking about pincushion…

On my last post I showed pictures of the pincushion I sent to my partner Jillian in Canada,  she got it on time and she liked it!  But I had no luck with this swap, I never got a pincushion…I waited and waited, but nothing came with the mail…I know that this can happen, but it is sad.

2009_0822blog-photos0071 

 

 

I saw these “tearrific” fabrics and, what else?

I bought them!

 

 

 

Now I’m going to visit my blogging friends!

I wish you a lovely and very creative week!

 

dandelion

Blessings

signature Suzie

Comments

Eileen said…
Suzie.. it is so nice to see you back.. you've been missed. Lovely gifts from the girls.. those three are always thinking of just the gifts for everyone.

That cake pin cushion looks good enough to eat.. and she never has to worry about it getting moldy. SO cute!! I love the ruffled edge.
Welcome back Suzie - we have missed you!!!Glad to hear that you are feeling crafty again after your break.

Your pincushion looks delicious!!
Ulla said…
Dear Suzie, it's really good to have you back! You have made a very nice start with your sewing. I hope the autumn will be a new energetic start for life as normal as it can be.
The cake pincushion looks delicious! I'm sorry for your bad luck in the pincushion swap.
Simone de Klerk said…
Good to see you are back, dear Suzi!!! And I'm glad you have energy again to work on a beautiful quilt! The cake picushion looks too gorgeous. Too bad your pincushion swap never arrived. I have the same with the Christmas in July swap. I feel sorry for the person who made it, too. But, I am still hoping ...
Have a lovely week (O:
Stephanie said…
Welcome back. It's most important to take time for ourselves. Sometimes those batteries just run low and need time to recharge. I think you picked the perfect project to start back on--Happy Hearts. It's beautiful. Delicious pincushion. Oh bad, bad swapper.
Cindy said…
Suzie, Welcome back. I was on an extended "furlow" myself.

I'll bring the coffee - I see you already "sewed" the cake..LOL

Smile, be happy.

Sewing hugs and blessings
Melanie said…
It' so lovely that you are re-charged again Suzie. It has been such a traumatic time you probably needed the break to recover.

I am so sorry you didn't get a pincushion in the swap. What a shame. Was it lost in the post? Yum! That cake slice looks so edible.

I love what you are doing with those blocks. Great work-womanship.

Hugs dear friend.
Handmade by Mai said…
Hi Suzie welcome back,it's so nice to hear from you again. But it's so nice to hear that you are slowly back to sewing.

I love your pincushion, sorry to hear that you haven't recieved your package.
Annemariesquilt said…
Welcome back Suzie , you have been missed big time and lot of thoughts have been sendt your way..
As always your work are beautiful. Cute heartquilt and your pincusion are absolutely adorale..
Take care and have fun!!
Stina said…
Ohh.. you surely have been missed...!!!! So welcome back!!!! :o) Good of you take a break.. and a lot of new and lovely things made!!! :o) HUGS!!!
Fabric Mom said…
Beautiful pin cushion. It is a shame you never got yours. That just happened to me with the Spring Blossoms swap on Quilting Gallery. Sometimes things just get lost. I wonder where they go?
Sandi said…
Great to see you back again, Suzie. Lovely thoughtful gifts from the girls. Your heart quilt is beautiful, and the cake pincushion....delicious! (sad that you didn't receive your swap :(
Have a lovely week.
nicolette said…
Good to see you’re back Suzie!! We missed you!

Hope everything is well with your family.

Your pincushion is the best I’ve seen in ages!

I hope your package will arrive after all!
Deb said…
Suzie it is so nice to have you back in the blogging world again. You have been missed. It is great that you have had the sense to step back and take time for yourself , we all need this but many times think we are too busy and it is such an important thing to do. We can only be good to others if we are good to ourselves. big hugs Deb
Glad to see you back! I love your quilt and the pincushion is wonderful. I don't know that I could work with a cake pincushion! It looks so much like the real thing...it would make me crave cake!
Carole said…
Hi Suzie,
Well, I know exactly what you mean, since I've taken a break myself... the girls are now older and we travelled to Hungary and Slovakia, never mind the house, the garden and all the projects to finish we just LEFT ! It did us a world of good, and now it's nice to be back.
And now I'm catching up on all the blogs and gathering new ideas and inspiration... The cake pincushion and the heart quilt are just gorgeous !! I guess I'll go to my sewing corner right now !
Take care !
Katherine said…
Hello Suzie,
Welcome back! You've been missed. I'm happy to read that you're feeling "re-fueled" and love seeing the thoughtful gifts from friends.

Mmmm... that cake pincushion is a sweet treat. Such a lovely gift idea and so pretty.
Jantine said…
I am glad to see you back. I am sorry though to hear you haven't received a pincushion. Especially as your house was so stunning. Which swap was it. Did you contact the swap mom?
So glad that you are back. It's been a long hard year for you. And I too send hugs {{{ }}} I am so sorry that your pin cushion swap did not work out. I gave up on swaps because of too many disappointment. Enjoy your quilting time :-)
ivoryspring said…
Your heart blocks are looking so yummy, and the pincushion is even yummier... do you mind telling me what pattern you had used for that?

Thank you for visiting me, and leaving the kind comment. You are ALWAYS welcome at Ivory Spring!
still here reading too........so many lovely things........cool cake pincushion........

Popular Posts