Sweet friends and sweet ideas

 

I hope you all have had a blessed, sunny and lovely Easter!

We really enjoyed ourselves during the holidays,  as my oldest son said “ the weather should stay like that until December!” and I agree with him!

What I neglected though, was my sewing machine….Oh my, a thin layer of dust?!!LOL! Just kidding, but it was really a break, “Spring fever” caught me!

Now I’m slowly catching up with sewing and blogging, new ideas have sprouted and I want to get started before they fade away, not to mention the projects to get finished!

First I would like to show what these two lovely, dear friends sent me to my birthday:

 

 

2009_0411blog-photos0002 

Melanie wrapped the gifts  so pretty!

I love the pink flowers, I think I will sew them to pouches and bags!

 

 

 

Look what I found inside:

2009_0411blog-photos0003

 

The flowers have a wonderful smell and the chocolate, hmmm! It is a sort I have never seen here and to me it is very special!

 

 

 

And I love this beautiful book mark with a lovely stitchery! The tiny pink flower button is so cute!

2009_0411blog-photos0005

Thank you so much Melanie! That was a lovely treat and a nice surprise, you are a very dear, sweet friend!

A couple of days later I got another parcel, from the friendly Ulla and I felt very spoiled!…

2009_0411blog-photos0010 2009_0411blog-photos0013

 

I like these stamps so much, they have such bright colors! She also wrapped everything in a nice and neat way (thanks for the ideas girls!) and, again, I was touched by their friendship:

2009_0411blog-photos0019

I love the hexagon coasters in blue and with linen. The tea sorts are great! Don’t you love tea mixtures named “Faithful Friend” or “Cherry Rainy Day”? And there was a very traditional Finnish Chocolate Egg, called Mignon, it is produced by pouring a fine almond and nut nougat filling into a real egg shell, it tastes delicious!

2009_0411blog-photos0014

 

See the Moose key ring? That was for my DH!

Thank you so much Ulla, it was a great parcel!

 

 

 

Needless to say how happy I was with all these beautiful gifts!

The ideas of what I could sew as their birthday gifts kept coming so I started right away.

It is always a pleasure for me to sew for my friends and I try to find items in their colors and styles hoping they will like them. I sent this to Melanie:

image image

 

I felt inspired by her Quilt Group called “Cup Cake Quilters”. I made a little bag, a broche and some coasters, and chocolate for her and her children. And the idea for the colors came from her kitchen!

This was my parcel to Ulla:

image

image

I made a pouch with linen and roses fabric, some knitted potholders, a couple of little chicks, a linen tote and chocolate, too!

And I’m happy they liked the gifts!

I bought many different fabrics with “Desserts”, some I used for Melanie’s gifts and they al look so yummi that I ended up sewing a little pouch for myself. These cup cakes look so sweet in pink!

2009_0416blog-photos0004

And because a girl never has enough pouches and bags….I made another one, this time  in blue!

2009_0416blog-photos0003

The fabric here is with ice creams and ice cones, how could I resist?….

But then, there was something missing…Something not only for the eyes!

Yes, real cup cakes!!!  Lemon-Yoghurt with lemon icing, hmmmm!

2009_0411blog-photos0026 2009_0411blog-photos0029

It has been a very Sweet Easter!

I’m working on other projects and still trying to finish my BOMs, I’m quite behind…

Always SEW much to do!

I wish you lovely sewing hours and a blessed weekend!

 

image

 

signature Suzie

Comments

Annette said…
What fun packages...and happy recipients. Your little "dessert" zipper bags are so cute.
Stina said…
What a sweet Easter you have had... :o)
Loved your packages from your friends...they are lovely...and you sent so lovely gifts for them...you all must have had FUN!!! :o)
Eileen said…
yes.. these are two of the dearest and sweetest persons in blogland. ;-) ALL of your gifts you exchanged are wonderful.. and wasn't that so much fun that all of your birthdays were so close together!?
Ulla said…
I'm glad you liked your gifts. You found such pretty fabrics for the pouches - the cupcakes are cute, but I like my floral print most!
Looks like you had a fabulous Easter and Birthday! What lovely goodies you received and gave - so much inspiration on your blog today!
Karen said…
I love your new dashboard picture on your blog! Very nice. It sounds like you had a much deserved, and relaxing vacation.
Beautiful friends and beautiful gifts! You must have some very special friends. The bookmark is very pretty, and the hexagon coasters are such a neat idea. I love what you sent to Melanie.Your pouches are very cute to. You are very creative!!
Simone de Klerk said…
Some lovely lovely goodies around you! The cup cakes look gorgeous!
Zlaty said…
Happy belated B-day Suzie!

Looks like you had fun Easter! It's always nice to get a surprise in the mail!
I like the pouches you made!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty
nicolette said…
So many lovely packages!

Love the zippered pouches you made and your new blogheader!!!

Happy weekend!
Stephanie said…
Such thoughtful and lovely gifts from Ulla and Melanie and also the gifts you sent them too.
Annemariesquilt said…
Wow lots of lovely gifts at your place today Suzie.. You are very lucky!!!
I have not been doing much sewing either.. I have been pulling my gardenfurniture and cleaning them and a lot of other stuff.
:-))
Melanie said…
Hia Suzie, the chocs were a couple of the Bendict's Bittermints. I like mine with strong coffee after a meal. :-) I have the milka cho bar just here with me that you sent -hubby and I have a block of it with coffee when we have a coffee break. The strawberry one was wonderful too. Laura thought it was her favourite needless to say. :-) Thank you so much dear friend. Next year now I know when your birthday is I promise you a proper present. :-)

Ulla's hexagone mats and hand printed tea towel are so wonderful and useful. I'm so glad she has been sharing her tea flavours- so unusual and delicious.
Sandi said…
Looks like you had a lovely birthday and Easter. Beautiful birthday gifts from your friends, and great swaps too!
Your cup cakes look delicious mmm mmm. I have some (lots) lemons on my tree at the moment :)
Always nice to visit your blog :)
Sandra said…
Those pouches look so sweet, with those little cupcakes on it :0)

Popular Posts