Saturday, April 25, 2009

One Project a Month

Hi, there!

My OPAM for April is now finished! I showed a sneak peak of a project with some stitchery I was working on and today I can show you what it is:

2009_0425blog-photos0012 2009_0425blog-photos0010

Most of you thought it was a tablemat, but they are potholders.  I got the idea from this cute book:

2009_0425blog-photos0002

There a lot of great ideas to work  with linen, scraps, stitchery, and so on. Making  potholders can be very creative!

I made some little changes, I added a narrow border and instead of making the ones with veggies and meat, I preferred to make one with a tea cup. Here are the original ones:

2009_0425blog-photos0003 2009_0425blog-photos0005

I also like these ideas:

2009_0425blog-photos0006

 

 

I love the stitched tea pot and the yo-yo.

 

 

2009_0425blog-photos0008

 

 

Aren’t they cute? The tea pot is a simple plain white one, yet so sweet.

 

 

I think I’m going to make them pretty soon!

Right now I’m making some pincushions, one of them has a lot of stitchery and the other one is sewn by hand.  Sandra, from Quiltathome is hosting a Pincushion Swap, wouldn’t you like to enter? A pincushion does not take long to be made!

The whole weekend is supposed to be sunny! After working a little in the garden, I hope to  stitch and  to hand sew!

In an old magazine I read this, it is for a stitched bag:

 

When it’s time to dig the garden

and weed the flower bed

I’ll wash my hands,

take off my boots…

And stitch and sew instead”

 

Don’t you feel like that sometimes?! I do!!!

But today I’ll do both!

I wish  you a peaceful and lovely weekend!

cn3cl12a

signature Suzie

17 comments:

Deb said...

Suzie, you aren't meant to tell me about more swaps, no I have to go to Sandra's blog and check it out!! Just incase of course.

Vickie E said...

the potholders are great~ I love that book too...

Ulla said...

Your potholders are very pretty. I agree, the tea cup looks a lot nicer than meat or even veggies!
Your quote made me laugh, I feel like that all the time!

Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Suzie,
I love the potholders...yours should actually be in that book. The border around them is such a good idea and the tea one is my favorite. Cute poem even though I don't garden much. Maybe if it said something about blogging and sewing!!
Have a great weekend,
~Karen~

Stephanie said...

Terrific potholders. I love the use of linen and oh how I love your teacup one. I have Pretty Little Patchwork but not Pretty Little Potholders.

Sandra said...

We're gonna have fun on the Pincushion Swap Suzie!
Ohh, the potholders look great. The cup of tea-one is my favorite also!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Suzie, I love the pot holder and that book.. I have been looking for it. Have a good weekend.
Vera

Stina said...

You fooled me... :o) I love your potholders..!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your potholders - especially the tea cup one! I will have to look out for that book.

Carrie P. said...

Your pot holders are darling. Love the cake.

nicolette said...

The book looks great, but I love your potholders even better!!

Karen said...

I love the way your potholders turned, out very cute! I too enjoy getting ideas from books, and then sometimes altering them to make them more my own.

Simone de Klerk said...

I just love your pot holders! Mmm and I'll have a look at the pin cushion swap. Sounds like fun!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my gosh you KNOW I LOVE your work, those are so wonderful! i need to take a peek at that book, maybe more than a peek!!

Eileen said...

Hmm. I don't know. I'm having a hard time taking off my boots and washing my hands lately. maybe when it starts to rain. :-)

Your pot holders are so cute!! I do love white tea pots too.

Melanie said...

What a lovely way of trying out new ideas without the commitment of a big quilt. Also I love the way you can make them entirely individualised for the person you are making them for. But best of all I like the way you can use up the little scraps from a bigger project. :-)

Lovely work womanship Suzie.

clare's craftroom said...

I love the potholders .