Friday, March 13, 2009

Tea for Time Swap

On Tuesday when I came home there was a parcel waiting for me all the way from Illinois!  A big thank you to Jane, my swap partner!

It was so exciting to open the package! Inside I found a delightful selection of goodies! 

2009_0311blog-photos0031

She sent me so many pretty things! The table runner in blue and with a beautiful border, lovely FQs,  buttons, dishcloths, beautiful cards, and delicious chocolate and tea!

2009_0311blog-photos0018  2009_0311blog-photos0023

 

Quilters are such friendly people! Thank you for your lovely gifts Jane! Your parcel made me so happy! And thanks Stephanie for organizing this great swap!

Now I can show you what I made for Jane:

 

2009_0220blog-photos0023

 

 

I switched to coffee because she wrote she is not a tea drinker. Then I used the color she likes to make this wall hanging for her.

 

 

 

2009_0220blog-photos0024

 

 

 

A cup cozy, also with appliqué.

 

 

 

 

2009_0220blog-photos0022

 

 

Some coasters. And of course chocolates and recipes. I was glad to read she enjoyed her parcel as much as I enjoyed mine!

 

 

 

Then Emily ( Ravenhill) really surprised me with a little parcel.  She sent me a pretty needle book! Here is a close up:

2009_0311blog-photos0028

Isn’t that lovely? Quilters are simply wonderful people!

I’m working on some new blocks that I will soon show you. I hope to spend more time in my sewing room on Sunday and maybe next week will be a more productive one!  I’ve spent more time in the kitchen, I just had to make muffins! And that’s  how one of them looked at me:

2009_0311blog-photos0002

 

 

Kind of funny eyes!!!

 

 

 

Wishing each of you a wonderful weekend!

pincushion

signature Suzie

18 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Suzie, I am so glad you liked the goodies, you know I loved mine and have gotten so many comments on all the wonderful things you sent me. thank you again, I loved having you as a swap partner!

Stephanie said...

What a fun package to open. Jane is sweet and always so generous. And I love what you sent her too. Great job ladies!

Anne-Mette said...

Great job both of you :-). I love the coffee wall hanging as well as the tablerunner you have received.
Have a nice weekend and look out for the mailman.
Hugs,
Anne-Mette

Cindy said...

You're so right, Suzie, quilters are such kind-hearted people.

What a wonderful swap package.

LOL, the muffin is looking at you straight in the eye saying "eat me". LOL

Guðrún said...

Both what you got and what you sent is beautiful. Quilters are indeed very friendly :)

Ulla said...

Jane sent you some lovely things, in blue of course! So nice of you to make her coffee goodies.

Julie said...

Such nice packages! And that muffin looks a little miffed at you.

Sew Many Ways... said...

Such lovely gifts you both sent each other. Must be so exciting to open up all the little gifts. Hope you enjoy a nice cup of tea and all your goodies.
~Karen~

Simone de Klerk said...

You had a perfect swap, Suzie. Also love what you made. And I look forward to your blocks!
Have a lovely weekend.

nicolette said...

What a wonderful and fun swap!!
You both made some pretty things!!

sarahmurray said...

What lovely tea swap gifts you both sent to each other! x

Annemariesquilt said...

Such a beautiful gifts you have received and the one you made are so cute. I love the cup and the little Wallhanging you have made for your teaswappartner..
Have a great weekend!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What sweet goodies!This has been such a great swap.

Melanie said...

What a wonderful swap- so much creativity and imagination. The tablerunner is so pretty and your coffee wallhanging is a classic!

Carrie P. said...

Such a great package Jane sent. Love that tablerunner and trim is great. I really like what you sent her too. Very cute.

Handmade by Mai said...

What a beaytifull gifts you got, the neddlebook is great. But you made also very nice things for your swappartner

Ravenhill said...

Hi Suzie, So happy to see it arrived safe and sound and hear that you like the little needle book! What lovely things from Jane!!!
Happy day to you!
~Emily xx

Karen said...

What fun! Swaps are looking more enticing to me all the time! Especially after seeing all the wonderful gifts that are exchanged.Your coffee time applique is sew cute! I saw the muffin, and the muffin saw me! I have a feeling that you are a wonderful cook!