Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lovely people, lovely packages!

I had a lovely surprise in the mail today! A little parcel from Stephanie! She sent the most cute gift:2009_0303blog-photos0015

It is such a pretty idea, I love it!

2009_0303blog-photos0016

 

 

 

 

 

 

2009_0303blog-photos0017

Thank you Stephanie!

It is so kind of you sending the participants this great gift!

I can hardly wait to see the pictures of the goodies when they arrive at their recipients all over the world! It has been a great swap and I enjoyed sewing the items for my partner, it is on its way to her and I hope she will like them.  And I’ve read there is a parcel on its way to me! Everything is so exciting!

I hope you are not getting tired of seeing pincushions again!

Simone got a package for a pincushion, but she was not very found of making it, so she asked me if I would like to have it. Could I say no to a pincushion?!

2009_0303blog-photos0008

 

 

 

This is the package with the material included.

 

 

 

But before I show  you the finished one, I have to tell you how I got it from the mail. It came on a day I was quite busy, running from one appointment to another and coming home late. I was already in bed and feeling warm and comfortable, when I just thought of the mail box. I asked DH if he had gotten the mail. “No”, he said. And I go , “me neither!”…”And if there is something in the mail box?” , “You can take a look tomorrow”. My answer “Tomorrow? Why should I wait so long? I’m going to take a look right now!” . He was still very patient, “Honey, you are in your pj’s…It is cold outside.” “I’ll dress a pullover ,  the neighbors won’t see me , they are sleeping and it is dark anyway!”. I went downstairs, opened the door and at the moment I  got outside and was opening the mail box, my neighbor was coming home. ..I think he did not really recognized me…Well, who cares….I only had eyes for a little parcel I found among letters and  newspapers!!! I ran inside and I was giggling! “See, it was there!!” “What was there?” “The parcel from Simone! I knew it was coming and I couldn’t wait till tomorrow!” I started opening it and saying ohhh and ahhhh!…”Suzie, it is late, tomorrow by daylight you can see it better, it is time to sleep”. “Soon, there is one more thing I want to see”. After some minutes, he goes, “Tomorrow you will have the time, ok?”. “Sure, I just have to pack it carefully aside”. I laid it near the bed. Then I slept, with a happy smile!

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it the next day, but it is now finished:

2009_0303blog-photos0019

2009_0303blog-photos0020

Thank you so much Simone! It is another lovely one to my collection! That makes me so happy! :-)))

I wish each of you a lovely week full of inspiration and surprises!

signature Suzie

nadelbear

17 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Suzie! You always receive the cutest things in the mail. Lucky, luck you!

Stina said...

Reading your blogpost made me smile a lot... I just love these surprise mails and thoughtful friends... And I can see your happy smile infront of me... :o)

Katherine said...

What lovely gifts, Suzie! I can see why you wouldn't want to wait to check your mail. ;o)


I just posted about the wonderful surprise I received from you.

Simone de Klerk said...

I love the way you made the pin cushion! The flower is just perfect. And I love what you got from Stephanie. You must have a big smile on your face this week!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous pincushion. I get excited with packages too. My husband just rolls his eyes! Glad you like your little teahouse.

Julie said...

Such cute things! Your story reminds me of our neighbor, an elderly man, who used to run out to get something out of his car in the evenings in only his underwear. He was sure no one saw him but we all did. LOL

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What lovely mail - looks like your week has got off to a great start!!!

Gina said...

It's a fabulous pincushion. I love the story of going to the mail box.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Melanie said...

Hia Suzie, I've just tagged you I hope you don't mind.

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one appearing in my nightwear to the neighbours. :-)

Aww isn't Stephanie kind. :-)

What a lovely job you made of that pin cushion. What a lovely thought to send the pattern to you.

Cindy said...

Suzie, People with special hearts recieve special unexpected surprises.

I understand the "mailbox dilemna"...I do the same thing...LOL Infact, I'm impatient TODAY as I wait for two patterns that I ordered on Feb. 25th. I'm bad.

Love the pincushion. What a darling pattern. And, you made it up so quickly. It's adorable.

Blessings.

Annemariesquilt said...

Realy lovely gift from Stephanie, and I got one too!! I am off on my winthervacation today, back on sunday.. Take care!

Guðrún said...

The pincushion is beautiful.

devliegendekoe said...

Lovely gifts Suzie!

Packages are the best... my neighbours always smile when the mailman arrives! They are surprised where all the lovely things come from!

Karen said...

Hi Suzie, I always love when a surprise package comes in the mail! It sounds like you had a really good time with your swaps. I love your new pincushion! It is gorgeous! To think you had to sneak outside in your jammies! How cute is that- I can just picture how really happy you were when you discovered your trip outside was well worth it! :0) Karen

Carrie P. said...

Oh, it is such a pretty little pincushion.

Sandi said...

What nice things you have received in the mail. Your pincushion is so cute!

Eileen said...

Oh wow.. that is a gorgeous pin cushion. I know VERY much how you feel about getting such lovely things in the mail. Thank you for sharing them with us.

And I am glad you said that about sewing on old machines in your comment to me. :-) Even though they don't do anything fancy.. they are so reliable.. and I love mine! :-)