Friday, January 9, 2009

A year of finished projects?

Hi there!
I took the One Project a month Challenge that May Britt and Kris started. I have some projects that I started but then, other things got on the way (as usual!...) and I ended up doing something else. I want to get some small projects done and who knows, one "medium" project.
The wall hanging I sewed last year and even started to hand quilt is the first project I hope to get finished:

Now I only have to finish quilting the borders and add the binding:


Bunny Hill Design is offering a Free Mystery Block of the Month. It looks so lovely! I'm in!!!


I got the last McCall's quilting magazine and this issue has many beautiful quilts, some more inspirations and wishes!...

I love this one.
Somehow quilts with stars always catch my eyes. There is something about stars that fascinates me. My "I wish to sew list" with such quilts gets bigger and bigger!

Most of you wrote that the little sheep would really look much better with stitched legs.
I thought so, too and then I also gave him a head.
Now it looks like a little sheep!


Tomorrow is DS1's birthday!
I will finish garnishing the cake this afternoon and then we just have to get some other things done for him. I wish him a very special day! May he always be healthy and happy! He is one of the best presents God gave me in this life.

Wishing you happy quilting hours and a lovely weekend!

17 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy birthday to your son!!
Your little bag with the sheep looks grogeous! If I would see it in a shop I would just have to touch it!

Annemariesquilt said...

Looks like you have enough to do in the near futhure..
Yes I saw the basket Bom an loved it. For the time beeing I am thinking about it.
Lovely quilt you are finishing up and little bag with the sheep is adorable..
Stay happy and have fun!!

Ulla said...

You have great plans for this year. I hope to get one or two bigger projects done, and some smaller ones to have the joy of finishing every once in a while! Happy birthday to your son!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday for your son tomorrow.

The sheep is perfect now he has legs and a face- it goes just right with the rest of the perfect bag.

Good luck with your finishing goal and decorating your son's cake. I hope he has a really special day.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I just love the sheep bag........so cute.........

Guðrún said...

Happy birthday to your DS. Your quilting is so beautiful and well done.

nicolette said...

So many lovely projects going on Suzie! Love the sheep bag!

Happy Birthday to your son!

Stina said...

Ah...the little sheep is so cute!!! And your handquilted quilt is wonderful...love to see it all finished!!

Sandi said...

Your wallhanging quilt is lovely. The sheep looks great with its stitched legs and new head.
Looks like some interesting projects ahead for you this year. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday.

Carole said...

Hi Suzie,
first of all Happy Birthday to your son !
And then, I found several blogs today with the same "a finished project a month" banner, and I will surely join ! I am determined now to get rid of those UFOs, I have a list of them and I started attacking 4 or 5 of them - and even finished one in December ! I'll surely post about it on my blog, for now I posted a "catch up" thing that took me some time... but it sure feels good to be back in Blogland !! Thanks for dropping by sometimes and asking about us. You're really a dear !!

Quilting Mai said...

Your sheep is so nice. The little bag is beautiful made.

Rachael Rabbit said...

Gosh - I can't believe the detailed hand quilting you have completed there - so impressive. And the details on the sheep make the pouch even more adorable (it is really super cute!)

Catherine said...

Hi Suzie,
I have joined Mays challenge too! Lets hope it is motivational enough for us to finish our UFO's!!
Your wall hanging is lovely, your quilting is very small and neat! And the sheep....not only is he not legless anymore, he can also see where he is going! Beautiful!! Cathy

Christine said...

Your sheep is very cute ... I love your little bag. Good luck with the challenge. I signed up too.
Christine

Eileen said...

That is such a pretty quilt in the frame. I love it.

Katherine said...

That little sheep bag is so cute! Gorgeous detailing on it, Suzie.

Best wishes for a Happy Birthday to your son!

Can't wait to see the finishing on the beautiful quilt you're working on.

Stephanie said...

Hi Suzie! I'm visiting the tea swappers blogs. Darling little sheep bag and your hand quilting project is just gorgeous. Yes, my "to make" list just gets longer. Perhaps I should stop looking at books and magazines for a while!