Saturday, January 3, 2009

A very happy New Year!!!


I wish all dear blogger friends a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!
Let's hope it will be a very creative one for all of us, plenty of sharing and giving and lovely friends!

After celebrating a peaceful, nice Christmas with our family, opening the lovely gifts, eating delicious things and starting the New Year full of new hopes, wishes and purposes, life is now coming back to normal. The boys still have some days before they have to go to school again and DH goes back to work next week. And Me? Well, I'm trying to get back to my daily chores, which is not that easy!... I did put it aside so I could fully enjoy the holidays!!! And then I had some more time to sew and stitch ;-))) It got much colder, we had some little snow and so it was perfect to sit down and quilt or stitch- what lovely hours!

I needed a gift for Renate, she is so nice, ever willing to help and joyful. She loves to knit and she always have something started so her evenings are not boring. I think she has knitted more socks than one could ever count them! And since she knows I have my problems in knitting socks, I get them from her, it is so great! I really had to think of something nice for her to show how I appreciate what she does. I came to the idea of combining two things she loves, that means chicken and knitting!
I stitched a "chicken knitting socks" and made a fabric pail so she can put her knitting things inside of it:

On the outside I sewed some pockets for her needles and scissors:

I am so glad she like it! She told me it was the perfect gift and that now she has the right place to carry her knitting things. She used to carry them in plastic bags, now that is over!

Though I drink much more tea than coffee, I never say no to a cappuccino! And a expresso is also welcome! What about another combination?!

Anne gave me quite some pieces of linen and I thought I could sew a tote from them and why not with coffee or cappuccino motifs? There are so many beatiful fabrics on the the market with this theme, a few FQs and I was set to start.
I had so much fun that I also made a pouch. I appliqued some written pieces from fabrics, used some buttons and there you go, time for a cup of decicious cappuccino!
What will Anne say when she sees them?


In this Japanese book you can find a lot of little pouches, purses and other tiny, pretty things. There are a lot of applique, sometimes too small, I wonder how tiny their fingers are!!!

I made this little pouch. I think I'll stitch some legs to the little lamb so one can really realize it is a lamb! What do you think?

I have more pictures of my pincushion collection to show you.
This is a little chicken made from Log Cabins:

Here is a pattern from May Britt, they are great as gifts!

A little hat:

And the last ones for today, a little star (English Paper Piecing), a flower (not that easy to sew...) and a simple nine-patch:



It is supposed to get REALLY cold in the next weeks, they say about -20°!!!...And with snowstorms...We have enough wood (and quilts :-)))) , but I hope it won't get that bad.
I wanted to get some handquilting done and I guess that is a very good idea!

Wishing you a lovely and cozy weekend!
Snuggle under your quilts and dream of beautiful patterns!

14 comments:

Annemariesquilt said...

You have been very busy and creative.You have made all this lovely things. The knitting bag is adorable and I can umderstand why our friend is so happy!
Great collection of pincusion...

Christine said...

Hi Susie. Happy New Year.
You have lots of lovely things on your blog today. I love the 'knitting chicken' stitchery ... did you design it yourself? You pouches are very nice and I enjoyed seeing your pincushions. I have a logcabin chicken one somewhere, too.
Hope you are keeping warm.
Christine

nicolette said...

The Happiest of New Years Suzie!!

You’ve made some wonderful bags. I totally love the Japanese one and I would surely give the poor sheep some legs!
Wonderful pin-cushion collection Suzie! The chicken is very gorgeous!

Simone de Klerk said...

Happy new year! All looks great, Suzie! I especially like the pouch and the fabrics you used!

Linda said...

What beautiful gidts you made for your friends, I'm sure they must adore them. Yes I think your little lamb needs legs, poor lamb...lol... Happy New Year.

Chookyblue...... said...

happy new year.......lovely gifts here.....

Ulla said...

Oh Suzie, you have made such lovely things again! The knitting bag is perfectly designed, with the cutest little knitter, and the cappucino series is also beautiful. The most wonderful is the pouch from the Japanese book! I have two books, one quite like yours, but I find the patterns sooo tiny and difficult to make!
Happy New Year!

periwinkle said...

i love your gifts , you have put so much thought into them, I could do with a knitting bucket too.. I think the sheep needs legs -
lisa x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your Cappacino bag and pouch - very stylish!! Your Japanese book look gorgeous - your little lamb applique is adorable. Hope your 2009 is filled with fun, health, and happiness for you and your family!

Melanie said...

Hia Suzie, beautiful work. The sheep pouch is truely Art-yes do add legs or he'll fall over lol. The chicken knitting is a giggle as well as being useful.
What a wonderful collection of pin cushions.

Guðrún said...

The little Japanese bag is gorgeous, so is the bag you made for your knitting friend. Do you also have a collection of old sewing machines?

Annie said...

What a lot of lovely things in this post. Yes legs on the sheep would be good.

Catherine said...

So many goodies to share Suzie! Love your cappa bag and pouch....gorgeous! The book of little purses and pouches also looks beautiful, and yes your shhep needs legs! I have a chook pin-cushion like that somewhere too!!
Have a warm and snuggly weekend!
Cathyx

Christy said...

I wish you another wonderful and crafty new year!!!!! All the best. xx