Some pincushions and great awards

Oh my, I do need to go down town again for some more Christmas gifts....
I thought I could order and get them nicely at home, but it seems like I have to go through the crowded streets and shops once more!...I don't like it when it is so full, I get a bit mixed up and then I usually forget what I was really looking for. Let's see if I get it done in one afternoon!

Gudrun asked me to show my pincushion collection. I first thought of a slide show, but that would take some time so today I will show just a few of them:

This one is from a danish book. To me it is a star, but many people say it looks like a flower. Perhaps a "star flower"?!


A appliqued one, from McCall's quilting I guess.

My first beehive ( after four frustrated attempts! They looked like pumpkins or weird tomatoes or whatever, but not like what I wanted!).

And a little bee, I saw this pattern by Homespun and made it on the same day I bought the magazine:


My friend Melanie is always so kind, she thought of me once more and gave me wonderful awards. When I tell other friends (that don't have a blog) how nice it is in blogland, they wonder if I am not exagerating!...But it so true and I wish they would give it a try!



These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers. When you pass the award along please include these guidelines. You are to choose eight friends to share this with.



Here are the rules for Christmas award.
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas.
If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
Pass the award along to as many people as you like.
That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.

5 things I love about Christmas:

1. Sharing, caring and spreading hope
2. The smell of Christmas spices
3. The lighted candles and old Xmas songs
4. Making and buying gifts
5. Dreaming of some snow!


I would like to give these two awards to:

Gina
Gudrun
Julie
Stina
Ulla
Nicole
Anne Marie
Eileen
Christy
Carol
Catherine


I have to hurry up now, I don't want to miss the bus!


Have a lovely week!
See you soon!






Comments

Stina said…
Ohh...thankyou...:o)
And you have been a little busy bee ...and more secrets going on...:o) Loved your tutorial on the little bag...sooo cute..:o)
Merry Christmas to you and a HAppy New SewingYear!!
Melanie said…
Hia Suzie, what a wonderful collection! I love the one shaped like a beehive! It's so unusual.

Yes shopping at this time of the year. LOL Both exciting and frustrating when you are trying to find just the right thing. I love so many of the decorations I am seeing.
Ulla said…
Dear Suzie, thank you for the Christmas award! I'm honoured to see that not only Melanie but also you think I'm a Christmas person.
You have some very special pincushions with the bee theme. The heart shaped one is my favourite.
Back in the Day said…
Thanks for the award! I wanted to tell you I LOVE the beehive pincushion! I love all things bee hive so it is by far my favorite!
Christy said…
dear suzie, thanks for the spirit of christmas award! i shall pass the christmas spirit soonest.

have the merriest of holidays! xx
Gina said…
Thank you Suzie.

Love and hugs Gina xxx
NuX said…
Hi Suzie, i bought the pattern to www.robertademarchi.com

Kisses NuX
Eileen said…
You have some really cute pin cushions there. i wonder if Nanette from Freda's Hive saw them yet. Lots of bees in Blogland!

Thank you so much for the award. I'm going to post about it tomorrow. :-)
Simone de Klerk said…
Wow, Suzie, I really enjoyed visiting your blog (O: You make wonderful things! You'll see me back again.
Guðrún said…
Thanks for the award :) I loved seeing your pincushions.
Sandi said…
Lovely pincushion collection, Suzie, thanks for showing us.
Annie said…
I love seeing different kinds of pincushions. I am a bit of a sucker for them myself. Thanks for sharing.
Annemariesquilt said…
Thank so much Suzie, you are very sweet.. I am slowly speeding down for christmas and buy saturday i might starting to enjoy christmas.
Take care Suzie..
like your pincushions.......
Marleen said…
I love your blog, it's really great!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Netherland ;)

Gr.
Marleen
Annemariesquilt said…
Dear Suzie I have given the christmas award right back to you because you are such a great friend!!

Merry Christmas!!
Carol in Sweden said…
Suzie....I've put my award up on your blog!
Thank you!

love the bee hive pincushion! fun!
Christine said…
Love your pincushions and like you I don't like crowds when I'm shopping either. Well done on your awards.
Christine
Lucy said…
I LOVE your Pfaff toy machine.

Popular Posts