I have been sew beesy!!!

Going to two Christmas markets meant a lot of work like sewing, organizing, packing, decorating the the tables, standing there about nine hours...
During the last two weekends I was at a very nice hotel, where some more artisans were also selling their items. The first weekend was nice and fine, but the second one was kind of slow, it was very cold and wet and I think that was the reason why people were not coming. But now I am glad I can settle down a little bit and carry on with the decoration and all the other things for Xmas at home!

I know I have a lot to catch up, so many great posts to read and comments to answer!
And a wonderful award from my dear friend Ulla!
It was such a nice surprise when I finally turned on the computer and started visiting my blogging friends!
You get me going Ulla!




Now it is time to pass it on. The rules are as follows:

1. 5 people are allowed to receive this award
2. 4 dedicated followers
3. 1 new follower to your blog who lives in another part of the world
4. Please link back to the person who gave you this award.

This award goes to these lovely, kind friends:

1. Anne Marie
2.Anne Mette
3.Anne Ida
4.Nicolette
5.Lisa

Thank you girls for making blogland a beautiful place to be!!!

As it is starting to look a lot like Christmas....
Part of the decoration is now out of the boxes!
I'm choosing new places and looking where I should place and arrange them.
Every year I get another idea and I like when it looks a bit different.
I closed my old sewing machine, put a table cloth on it and set these fellows to greet everyone who comes in:

Another Santa. I found this kind of wire at a flea market and I think it was a good buy for this wall hanging:

Some red stitchery, it looks nice and goes along with every season.
The Gingerbread man is always welcome!

A place for Christmas cards( these ones are from last year, but I hope we'll get some again this year! ). The linen fabric with these Santas or Santas's helpers is one of my favorites, I have sewn quite some pieces using it.

Moose and reindeers gather here:

Should I hang the mittens?

Or the stockings?
Perhaps both of them!


And what would be the Advent and Christmas without cookies?
Not a sweet one for sure!
I love to bake and to eat these ones:

They are called "Kulleraugen", something like "big eyes" I guess!

Hmmmm.... Chocolate!!!
The greatest creation ever!

Don't they look delicious?
Chocolate cookies with white chocolate on top!
I always have to bake them twice!

The ones DS2 loves to help to decorate:

Next week I'll bake some other ones!
Cookies are like Fat Quarters, one never has enough!


Finally, the tutorial for the little bag.
What you need:

Two pieces of fabric for the bag 15 cm xc 13,5 cm (6" x 5 1/4")
Two pieces of fabric for the lining 15 cm x 13,5 cm (6" x 5 1/4")
About 30 cm (12") red ribbon
Ric rac
Polka dots ribbon


Sew the ric rac on the right side of both pieces for the bag:

Place right sides together (for the bag and also for the lining) and sew with a 0,6 cm (1/4") seam allowance:

Using the bias square ruler, measure and mark 4 cm (1 1/2") for the bottom at both sides:

Fold it like this so that you have a line where you will be sewing:


Cut the pieces off:

Fold about 1 cm (1/2") hem and press it with the iron. For the bag inwards and for the lining outwards:

Cut two pieces of ribbon 15 cm (6") each:

Make some marks about 3 cm (1 1/4") with a pencil where the ribbon should be sewn:

I like to sew both ends together with zig zag so that they stay neat when I turn them out. You don't need to do that if you don't want to:

The lining should be inside the bag:

Place the ribbons on the markings, secure everything in place with pins:

I use my old Pfaff for this tiny work, I take off part of the section and the bag goes right in!
Sew with a scant seam to hold all the layers together:

Make a pretty ribbon, sew it to the bag and there you go!
Ready is your little bag!
I hope you'll have fun sewing some little bags like I did!


I have to wrap and pack some Christmas gifts for a Swap and a "Secret sister" and then I must go to the post office. There are still some work to be done!

Have a lovely week!

Comments

Melanie said…
Hia Suzie, glad you are back and able to relax a little now the craft fairs are over.

Love your decorations- they look like a lot of fun. Yes I would hand your mittens and stockings -they are beautiful.
Ulla said…
Hi Suzie, good to have you back, with all the pretty things! Yes, hang them all, more space for little surprises!
Annemariesquilt said…
Hi Suzie..
You are so kind giving me this award, I love it!!
Please try to relax and enjoy the upcomming Christmas.. You have done beatiful work the mittens and stockings.
Guðrún said…
Thanks for the tutorial. It sure looks like Christmas is coming to your house, you have both baked cakes and decorated.
nicolette said…
Dear friend, you have made me come out of my hidingplace to thank you for your kind email and award!
Love to see all your Christmas decorations and goodies and thanks for another wonderful tutorial!!
Happy days!!!
Glad the Christmas markets were a huge success! I love those Christmas mittens - so sweet. Your Christmas baking looks lovely - especailly those chocolate hearts! Thanks so much for the award!
Eileen said…
Oh MY Suzie! You have so many lovely Christmas things going on at your place! I like how you have all your little quilts and things hung up on the walls.. so cute. And the cookies!!!! YUM! Nothing better than Christmas cookies.

Your little gift bag tutorial was GREAT! I'm sure it will help out many.
Gina said…
I love the Christmas decorations.
thanks for a great tutorial

Love and hugs gina xxx
Threeundertwo said…
I love your decorations and thank you for the instructions for the little bag! so cute!
Anne Ida said…
Thank you so much for the award! You're so sweet!

Love all your decorations, but those mittens are just so darn cute :o)

Cookies - yummy!!! Chocolate with white chocolate chips sounds like heaven - any chance of a recipe? ;o)

Hope you have a great week! Lots of hugs xxx
Catherine said…
What a lovely post....Thank you for sharing....your cooking looks Yum and the little bag is very cute!! CAthyx
Mand-a-Lin said…
Thank you for the bag tutorial. It is so very sweet, I'm off to make one right now. Wish I had some of those yummy chocolate hearts to go with my cuppa.
What a cute little bag! Thanks for the tutorial!
sewkalico said…
Gorgeous mini-bag! Great tutorial!
Amanda said…
Thanks for the bag tutorial. Kim at bittybitsandpieces.blogspot.com sent all 444 commentors over here to see your tutorial!

Thank you for sharing!
Kim said…
Thanks Amanda for being 1 of 444 to come and thank Suzie for her great tutorial. I also want to thank you again for your inspiration and to let you know the bag was a HUGE hit on my giveaway! Tonight I ended with 450 entries. AMAZING!!!
Tozz said…
Love your little baskets and thank you for the fabulous tutorial to make them :)
Thimbleanna said…
Miss BittyBitKim sent me over for some comment love -- these little bags are adorable -- thanks for posting the tutorial!
They could NOT be cuter! Kim was right. You've done a great job with the tutorial. Thank you.
Nikki said…
Suzie, these bags are adorable. I just did my first giveaway on my blog, www.NikkiInStitches.wordpress.com, and am sending my prize in one of your bags. Later this week, I'll put up a link to your tutorial. It was so easy to follow and well put together. Thanks so much!
Nikki, In Stitches
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made one last night, it's so cute and easy to make, thanks again.
This gift is wonderful!
Shpulja said…
Thank you for this tutorial, it's so sweet!
disa said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shari said…
Hi Suzie

Just to let you know that I am still referring people to this great tutorial!

Cheers - Shari
I LOVE YOU said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts