Sunday, November 16, 2008

A snoring moose, a moose parade, and getting into Xmas mood

Hi there,
it has been a nice week, I could sew quite some things and it feels like heaven!!!

The most wonderful time of the year is so near!
In two weeks it the First Advent, that is when the house should be all decorated for Christmas, all the cookies and other yummis for the tummys have to be ready and one starts dreaming of a white Xmas! Which we haven't had for some years now and I must say, that is something we really miss...
So there is a lot of work to be done!

But first let me show you what I got for my DH :


video

I bought this snoring moose as a birthday present for my him. He loves moose! Since I know him he has been collecting everything about this funny animal! I always get a new one or make a new one for him, there are all sorts of moose around here, I'll be showing some of them today and during my next posts also.

In this picture there are four moose I made for him.
I introduce you to Piet, I made him about 4 years ago and he is one of my favorites:

He is a very quiet moose, but his friends love him!

Here is Oke, you will never see him without his green scarf! That shows his "ecological" way of life, he is a vegetarian, you know!

Gustav is our little one, he has such cute eyes and he always have "an open ear" to your problems!

My next project is to sew Ole, another small moose ( 14 cm, about 5 1/2").
It is going to be quite challenging!

But if I get it right, it should look like this:



Now let's get into Christmas moose!
I mean, Christmas mood!!!
I love paper cornets, since I was little I remember how I loved to get them full of sweeties and small things to play. I sewed these ones and I'm still looking for nice little things to get them really full of goodies:


I found a fabric that I'm in love with. It is red with litlle snow flakes, they look so lovely! And there is also a one with polka dots, which I used for the border. I'm going to use a very thin batting and machine quilt it:

What about tiny bags for candies?
You can decorate them with a bow or with a pretty button, or just use a fancy fabric!
They are about 8 cm x 14 cm ( 3 1/4" x 5 1/2") :



These sacks (or bags) are so easy to make and they can be filled with different things if you have ran out of sweeties!
Some pine cones make them stand up right and look as good as well:

I am working on a tutorial for the tiny bags and for the sacks.
I intend to post them next week, so keep tuned!!!

Stitching was part of my list, too!
It is a project from this pattern and I'm stitching them in the evening (no time to lose!).
The writings and the birds are very sweet:



HO HO HO!!!
Here I go to my sewing room to get some more things done and prepare the tutorial for you!
And I'm also going to catch up with your posts! I know you girls have been pretty busy, haven't you?!

Have a lovely and creative week!
See you soon!

9 comments:

Ulla said...

Oh Suzie, I'm so glad you are having time and energy to sew again, and everything is just adorable! I may need to steal some ideas, if you don't mind!

Tine said...

Your Christmas projects are adorable! I love love love that little red and white quilt with the stars :)

Annemariesquilt said...

A bunch of cute tings at your place today. I especially loved the sleeping bear....
I love the little bags and i am looking forward tutorial.
Take care Suzie!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your gorgeous moose collection! The little cornets and gift bags are so sweet! Love all your festive projects.

Guðrún said...

Wow this is all so beautiful. I love the moose collection, they are so cute.

Melanie said...

Looks like you are one of Santa's elves surrounding yourself with such cheerful Christmas makings!

Beautiful patchwork! and your moose are so sweet!

Chookyblue...... said...

love all the little bags.........

susana said...

lindos I love the tiny bags.

Richard C. Lambert said...

but also your surroundings. Most people sleep best in areas that are not too bright, stuffy, hot or cold. pure sleep mouth guard