"Patching" a post...

I would like so much to show you pictures of beautiful sewings and things, talk about new projects and neat ideas...But I have had so little time to sit down and sew and post and answer your comments, I'm so sorry.
So this is my attempt to catch up just a little bit with you, hoping that you will forgive my lack of time. I have met so many wonderful people in Blogland, I wish this contact will last and I want you to know what it means to me.

Today I had the time to read some new messages and I was so happy to see that Melanie gave me a beautiful award, thank you so much! Not writing during the last weeks has left some "spider webs" on my blog, but I guess that goes along well with Fall ! ;-)))
I missed the chance to take photos during the golden October when the trees looked so gorgeous in their Autumn colours. Now it looks grey and wet outside, although that never really bothered me, it has always been like a time to "go inside", a time to make some reflections, to let my inner feelings run low. A little pause before I start thinking about Christmas.
Somehow this season always come sooner than expected and it is also gone before I am ready for it. Sometimes I ask myself what am I doing wrong? Have I lost the ability to plan things? Or the truth is that, in fact, I have became a real chaotic? Or is it because I worry too much and then the result is that I simply get confused and lost track of what is important?...Questions, questions, questions....And the answer is, ......
Perhaps I should quit thinking about all this and act like Scarlet in "Gone with the wind", when she had a problem, she used to say to herself "tomorrow is another day!". And between health issues, chores, work and wishes, one day at a time is really all we have, isn't it?

And the quilting addiction goes on, I have ordered some new magazines and patterns. That is the signal that I'm still sane (!), if I ever loose the hope I will soon be sewing, then I'm truly lost!...Even if I don't have enough time now and then, this hobby is my therapy.

I must go now...I won't promise a new post full of nice things, but I'll do the best I can to make the most of the little time I get!

Wishing you a lovely, healthy, and productive week!
Until next time



Comments

Carole said…
Dear Suzie,don't make it too hard on yourself ! As you said - sometimes there just isn't time to do it all ! You need to rest and think of yourself and your husband after the hard and worried times you've been through. And if there's no new photo or no new quilt... well it's okay too. It happens. Take good care and take one thing at a time. Big and warm hugs !
Ulla said…
Dear Suzie, your friends are here during hard times also! I think blogging is great therapy, even when there are no new quilts or other handmade projects to show. Don't worry about such things, but take care of yourself and your loved ones. Time for quilts will come sooner or later.
Annemariesquilt said…
Hello Suzie....
Life takes over sometimes and it has indeed taken mine spare time too. It is not easy to find time to everything that realy is importent to me and I understand that you are in the same position..
I am very happy to hear that your husband is recovering !
Take real good care of yourself Suzie,I am still here anyway!!
Melanie said…
Hia Suzie, lovely to hear from you. In a new world wide magazine "Sew Hip" http://sewhip.co.uk/ there was an interview with Amy Butler where she said she has to have time off or she gets jaded from designing. It's a lovely magazine which seems to have a finger on the pulse of the blogging world too.

I saw a magnest once with the slogan "Life is what I do between craft projects" it made me smile. Take care of yourself and your family.
Guðrún said…
It is simple, time flies by, you will never have enough time to do all the things you would like to.
Eileen said…
The holidays always sneak up on me, and then I look back and say to myself.. why didn't I start sooner?? But that is the way life is. It is nice to hear from you, even though you don't show anything. We are the same.. and family comes first.
mereth said…
I remember the beautiful quilting you were doing and though it might not seem like it now, one day you will have time to do it again. Family comes first, and we'll all be here waiting, and glad whenever you do post!
Catherine said…
Hi Suzie,
I know exactly what you mean about time!! But im sure you will make time or find some soon!! Craft is definitely our therapy!! Even reading a craft mag is enough sometimes, as long as we get a little fix every day!! Hang in there!! A friend of mine makes sure she does 9 stitches a day...personally I aim for 1/2 an hour!! Cathyx
nicolette said…
Those days that life takes over and there seems to be never enough time.

Don’t make it too hard on yourself. You’ve lived through some scary and worrisome months!
Take care!

Popular Posts