Friday, August 22, 2008

A wonderful award and a Quilt for Christina

I dearly thank you,Laila, for giving me this award, it was so kind of you !!!
There are so many nice bloggers....
This time it goes to:

Ulla
Catherine
Iris
Melanie
Anne-Mette






Now I can show you what I was making with the mushroons fabric:

I made a bag with lots of place! I can carry many quilt goodies in there!
This fabric was one of those I just had to buy.


A while ago I made a quilt for Charlotte's son, Felix. We chose animals from the farm and it was a nice theme, bright colours and funny animals.
She came here with her children and it was a pleasure to see how happy they all were with the quilt. It is so wonderful to realize that the work of your hands and heart is honestly appreciated!
Then I saw in Christina's eyes "oh, I wish I had one, too!..."
She is such a tiny, lovely girl! A real little princess!
Do you think I could forget her wish?
She is starting school this year and it will be my present for her.
I thought of hearts in many shapes and in her colours. The only problem for me is to find pink fabric in my stash, but I guess with reds and blues I might have enough.
I still don't have a plan, the blocks are in different sizes. I think of sashings and even smaller blocks, but first I need more blocks!



And there is Linda's Bag Swap!
The first little bag I made was too small so I started a new one.
I have a picture of a bag that inspired me.
I have other fabrics, but it is almost like this one:

I think it is a very cute bag! :o)) I hope my partner will like it, too. She is quite busy at the moment!


I want to bake some of Anne Marie's buns tomorrow. If they turn out good I'll show you, if not...Well, we'll eat them anyway, but I won't post a picture of it!!!

I wish each of you a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

nicolette said...

Hi Suzie, congratulations on your award.

I love your mushroom bag and the hearts quilt will be happily received by the girl!

Happy weekend!

Herzblatt said...

Hello Suzie,
congratulation on your award and thank you very much for giving me this lovely award...it is very kind of you and I am very happy about it!!!
May I link your blog???
I love your mushroom bag and the quilt for Christina....absolutly great!!! She is a lucky girl!!!
May I ask you....you live in Germany but where are you from?
best wishes
Iris

Melanie said...

Hia Suzie, thank you for the award, ad congratulations on receiving it too.

The mushroom bag is lovely. Beautiful embroidery on it too.

It was so thoughtful of you to make Charlotte a quilt too. I love the way it has different shaped hearts. I'm sure she'll love it.

Guðrún said...

The mushroom bag is beautiful.

Ulla said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you for giving me one!
The mushroom bag looks lovely, a real autumn bag! I'm excited to see how you manage to put the different sized heart blocks together.

Messy Karen said...

your mushroom bag is terrific. & i'm also inspired by bag you photo'd. i would love to see yours. did you make one. enjoy the rest of the summer outside while you can.