Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting foward

Quilting, quilting, quilting!
The two rolls are ready to be sewn together and that was part of the task I set for this week.

That is how they look now:

I used different FQs, some that I had on my stash and some that I bought.
But I needed more than I thought (I have my problems with math...) and so I ordered the rest.
Well, I'm still waiting for them!... A short break? No, that is not on my plans!...
Here is the back:


I love the dolphins, they look so happy and pleased, as if they were always smiling.


I trimmed the sections and layed them right sides together. Then I cut stripes 1 1/2" ( here I realized it can be a little bit less, all the seams and the batting make quite volume!). I had to pin all the layers together to sew:

I trimmed the batting away just a little bit more. Then I pressed the strip under 1/4" and used pins to secure it in place for hand sewing:





I hope to get my order soon! There is some more quilting to be done!!
Fortunately, I have so many other projects on the go that I can't get bored!
And I can start to sew the borders. Anne Ida gave me such a great idea, I love the border she thought of! But, I don't have more fabrics for that...
According to the challenge rules, the top should be sewn only from the stash. It is allowed though to buy some fabric for the backing and batting. So, I guess I have to work on the stripes I have left.
I could also sew some pouches and other bags! I have loads of patterns!....As my DJ says, I have a little bag for every day AND night, too! :o)))

I wish each of you a lovely and creative week!



12 comments:

eileen said...

Suzie this is so beautiful! I am really loving the blues and greens! The quilting and borders are turing out so nice!

Annemariesquilt said...

I have bought the book explaining this way of quilting. I guess I need more information before I dear start on this teknique.
Be happy...

Julia said...

Just beautiful Suzie!
You have mastered the machine quilting perfectly, I need to practice..
Julia

Ulla said...

Your quilt is going to be so wonderful! I love the way the quilting looks different with the different backings.

Christine said...

Your quilt looks amazing. I love how you've used different fabrics on the back of the different blocks. You will end up with a reversible quilt - two in one. That's cool.

nicolette said...

Wonderful Suzie! Hope yur fabric arrives soonest!
I learned two kinds of the technique you use during workshops. It’s a great way to get used to machine-quilting on smaller pieces than a complete quilt.
Love the colours!

Melanie said...

Hi Suzie, I love how this is coming together. Having a proper pattern to follow when quilting is a new idea for me (just a beginner) and this is working so well. I hope your fabric arrives soon.

Anne Ida said...

You are doing such a wonderful job on this! The quilt will be wonderful both from the front and the back! Hope your remaining FQs show up soon!

Take care and happy quilting! Hugs...

SG said...

It's precious! Love the colours!

Herzblatt said...

Suzie, I love your pictures and the whole blog! May I link you??
best wishes Iris

K.C. said...

Beautiful quilt. Great colors. Make me really miss the ocean.. I agree that the dolphins always look like they are smiling.. I am smiling just writing this! Kayce

Melanie said...

Hi Suzie- me again.

I had to do a meme today ...want to play some tag? You're it!!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your Summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

I thought this was a good way of sharing a bit more than crafting.

Best Wishes,
Melanie