Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Finishing some projects and beginning a new one

I had a very nice weekend, it was one of those you just feel fine, it didn't matter how the weather was.
I quilted some of the doll quilts, it was also relaxing and I even sewed one more.


It really did not take too long to quilt this small one:



I named this one "Lucky stars", I am so pleased with the colors, I do love it!
And of course it made me quite happy too.



The cosy feeling that the country colors have is so intense that I then decided to sew another quilt with such fabrics.
I love scrap quilts, I can use all the rest and the fat quarters I bought without really having something in mind, just because they were beatiful.
I looked through this book and it was kind of hard to decide which one!!!

The one on the cover caught my eyes and it is the one I will start sewing.

I bought lot of Thimbleberries fat quarters a couple of years ago (just because they were so beatifu, you konw!...), but I still didn't have any project to work with.

Well, the time has come!

It is a LOT of cutting as one can see in the instructions, but the result is worthwhile!


This amount isn't probably enough, but that is what I had already washed, and I know I won't cut all at once, so the next step is to wash some more soon!


A bit of 5" squares to start with.
The dark, medium and light ones.

Let's try one block first and see how it looks:

First block done!!


Well, after so much cutting I needed a brake!

Time for a cup of tea and a piece of cake in the company of the lovely Mrs. Cookie!
I just can't bake without her!



Tomorrow I will keep on cutting and sewing and I'll try my best to post the new blocks!
I hope this week to be a very productive one!
See you later!

2 comments:

Annemariesquilt said...

Hi...
I have been visiting your blogg today. Very nice project you are planning to do, the colours are great. Have a nice weekend comming!

apaolal said...

ciao
very very beautiful quilts..
congratulation.. very good job.
ciao
ciao
annapaola. italy